+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I qualify for Business Immigration ?

Rh1983

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hello! Guys. So here is my question. I am interested in applying for the Express Entry but I dont have continuous 1 year of experience. I do have aggregated experience of about 3-4 years but my most recent experience since 2013 is a Founder of a gaming company/website. The website has not made much money but it is still live. I have worked as a Project Manager learning and managing project. The problem is my company is a 1 man company (just me). I am also a developer, so I have worked on games. However, I have hired a graphic designer in past for my project, so that is the only reference I can use to show that I have worked. My question is, can I use this only reference to show that I have worked as a Project Manager/Developer for my company and that I am the owner of this company. If so under what class or category (NOC) will I be applying for PR ? Also, does salary/income affect the eligibility for PR in anyways. Please let me know if you know anything about this. What kind of documents can I show to prove that I own a website / online business and that I have been operating it as a Founder/Project Manager/Developer since 2013 ?
Thanks

About my company - it is a gaming website / company not registered but the website was launched in 2013 and I have that as a proof. I have some IT returns but i am not confident of showing them as my income has not been good.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Recommend you spend more time researching Canada's immigration programs to understand what it takes to qualify.

You don't meet the requirements of the Federal Self Employment stream - so that's not an option. For the Investor / Entrepreneur classes you have to have at least a few hundred thousand dollars to invest in a business you plan to start in Canada. Do you have these kinds of funds available to invest in starting a business in Canada? There's also the Start Up visa - however that also requires you to start a business in Canada and as a first step requires you to find a venture capital firm willing to partner on your business idea.