+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to update my application?

viel

Aug 24, 2009
Helo guys, I just need your help and advice for my problem.

I applied as provincial nominee last Oct 2008. My uncle is my sponsor. I was single at the time I send my application. But recently i get married in a civil. Does being a married affects my application? Or is it alright that I will not declare my husband since all my papers prove that I am still single? In case I will be granted as provincial nominee, is there any problem in the future in case I will sponsor my husband? And in case I will declare him and I will update my application, does my application as provincial nominee will be denied / rejected?

Please do help me. Thanks.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viel said:
Helo guys, I just need your help and advice for my problem.

I applied as provincial nominee last Oct 2008. My uncle is my sponsor. I was single at the time I send my application. But recently i get married in a civil. Does being a married affects my application? Or is it alright that I will not declare my husband since all my papers prove that I am still single? In case I will be granted as provincial nominee, is there any problem in the future in case I will sponsor my husband? And in case I will declare him and I will update my application, does my application as provincial nominee will be denied / rejected?

Please do help me. Thanks.
Yes you have to notify CIC about your marital status change. please see the FAQ link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/faq-simple.asp#Q1

Q10: Why do you return the supporting documents?

The simplified application process is intended to help clients by eliminating the burden of continuously having to submit documents while in the queue. It also allows CIC to save duplication of work as well as storage space. In addition, given application processing times, most documents will have to be updated if the applicant’s situation changes (e.g. marital status, job, education, and financial situation).

viel

Aug 24, 2009
Thank you AlbertaGovernor for the information.

If ever I notify the CIC about my marital status, does it effect my application? Does my uncle still eligible to sponsor me? Is there any form to fill-up?

And if ever I will not notify, what will happen?

Please help me...I don't know what to do..Thanks in advance