+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need to take IELTS first before i apply?

buletlet

Mar 31, 2010
hi everyone. i took my ielts exams last february 2010 but unfortunately i failed to get the 16 points in language. so far i need 11 points to be able to reach 67 but i only got 8 kaya kulang ako ng 3points.. what should i do? kelangan ko na ba isama sa application yung ielts ko kahit di pasado for the meantime or magtake ako ule para sabay ng ipasa sa application ko? thanks!

Royal.Prince

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
00-00-0000
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-24-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2011, Submitted at 01-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you translate your question in English, that will help us to understand and reply you. Sorry that I don't know your Language!

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
buletlet said:
hi everyone. i took my ielts exams last february 2010 but unfortunately i failed to get the 16 points in language. so far i need 11 points to be able to reach 67 but i only got 8 kaya kulang ako ng 3points.. what should i do? kelangan ko na ba isama sa application yung ielts ko kahit di pasado for the meantime or magtake ako ule para sabay ng ipasa sa application ko? thanks!
If you are in USA / Canada or any other English speaking countries for some years, you can write to them stating that your English proficiency is well enough necessary to take the IELTS test. I sent them a letter with my application and the officer did not ask me to write the test. But it is always recommended that we take the IELTS test, as it corrects the mistakes of whose primary language is not English.

Royal.Prince

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
00-00-0000
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-24-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2011, Submitted at 01-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Kamloops said:
If you are in USA / Canada or any other English speaking countries for some years, you can write to them stating that your English proficiency is well enough necessary to take the IELTS test. I sent them a letter with my application and the officer did not ask me to write the test. But it is always recommended that we take the IELTS test, as it corrects the mistakes of whose primary language is not English.

How many points you was in Need??

Op is in need of 11-12 Points, I don't think a letter is going to give him 12 while he got "8" only in first IELTS test. Also be aware.................... According new rules.... There is no second chance. So, if OP going to submit letter and IO didnt get satisfy, application will be straight denied.

Your(OP) best bit is , take some private classes and prepare IELTS again, I read many places, applicant get low score in first attempt but later they improved.

buletlet

Mar 31, 2010
hi Mr. Royal Prince.

Do you suggest that i should pass my ielts first before i submit my FSW application? is it really necessary to comply the ielts before they can assess my application? thank you

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I will highly recommend you to take IELTS first. In this way, you are free to go just in case, if you need to re-take IELTS etc.

If you submitted your application now without IELTS, Sydney will give you 120 days for submit your application along IELTS. Now assume, if you are unable to get 11 points within these 120 days even by repeating IELTS? your application will be denied because not submitting IELTS or late of points. Now you have time to prepare and submit IELTS. What is your NOC?

buletlet

Mar 31, 2010
im a medical technologist, i want to go to canada as immigrant. i already have 56 points, i just need 11 but unfortunately i failed to get the 11 points when i took my ielts exam last feb 2010. my question is, is it ok if i submit my FSW application first without the ielts?

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahharrouf said:
Yes, I will highly recommend you to take IELTS first. In this way, you are free to go just in case, if you need to re-take IELTS etc.

If you submitted your application now without IELTS, Sydney will give you 120 days for submit your application along IELTS. Now assume, if you are unable to get 11 points within these 120 days even by repeating IELTS? your application will be denied because not submitting IELTS or late of points. Now you have time to prepare and submit IELTS. What is your NOC?
Yes, this is confusing. What do we put in the English proficiency section, if we still have not taken IELTS?

And what do u mean by Sydney giving us 120 days to submit IELTS? U mean we have to mail to Sydney the IELTS results within 120 days? Can't we just send the IELTS results to the local visa office?

And in case we do not submit any IELTS results, does that mean we automatically get ZERO points for English Language Proficiency?

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi Buletlet,

kung sa April ka pa maglolodge, may bagong ruling ngayon na one time na lang ipro-prove ang english proficiency. So mag eilts ka na agad....

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caloy said:
Hi Buletlet,

kung sa April ka pa maglolodge, may bagong ruling ngayon na one time na lang ipro-prove ang english proficiency. So mag eilts ka na agad....
is this true? U mean you cannot take another IELTS test? For how long?

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Yes effective April 2010....written or eilts ang proof mo or else they won't gonna ask for it if they're not happy with the written........

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poissonmagique said:
Yes, this is confusing. What do we put in the English proficiency section, if we still have not taken IELTS?

And what do u mean by Sydney giving us 120 days to submit IELTS? U mean we have to mail to Sydney the IELTS results within 120 days? Can't we just send the IELTS results to the local visa office?

And in case we do not submit any IELTS results, does that mean we automatically get ZERO points for English Language Proficiency?

This mean, if you get approved from Sydney, you will get a letter with 120 days limit to submit your full application to Local Visa office. IELTS is only for Local visa office, you don't have to submit IELTS to Sydney.

If you didn't submit IELTS and officer didn't get satisfy(most cases when you are not a native English speaker), then definitely, you won't get an other chance and points depends on IO.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buletlet said:
im a medical technologist, i want to go to canada as immigrant. i already have 56 points, i just need 11 but unfortunately i failed to get the 11 points when i took my ielts exam last feb 2010. my question is, is it ok if i submit my FSW application first without the ielts?

Its not obligatory for you to take IELTS before applying but if you read the fact why every one is advising to take IELTS first, then you will understand why its highly recommended to take IELTS first. Anyhow, of course its your personal choice.

buletlet

Mar 31, 2010
Caloy said:
Hi Buletlet,

Hi Caloy,

Di pa ako ule nakapag-apply for my re-take, plan ko sana while waiting for the assessment of my application dun ako magre-take ng Ielts kase parang nakaka-trauma naman na mag-exam ako agad after a month. It will take time to apply for the exams i mean 2weeks before diba and another 14days for the results. Im confused if IT'S A MUST or pwede pa naman comply within 120 days. Deny kaya nila application ko if ever wala pa ako ielts result? thank you! :)