+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to Submit PCC ???

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
One Quick check about police clearance certificate.

183 or more days spend in last 4 years immediately before the date of application.

I signed my application on 05 Sept 2017 .

So if I count 4 years back from 2017/sept /05 to 2013/sept /05 . I came back to Canada in aug 11 ,2013 since than I never been out of Canada for more than 183 days. Do they still ask for pcc ?

I got my AOR already. I am not sure on this requirement ...can anyone help me on understanding it ?

Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

183 or more days spend in last 4 years immediately before the date of application.

So if I count 4 years back from 2017/sept /05 to 2013/sept /05 . I came back to Canada in aug 11 ,2013 since than I never been out of Canada for more than 183 days. Do they still ask for pcc ?

I got my AOR already. I am not sure on this requirement ...can anyone help me on understanding it ?

Thanks
For application made September 5, 2017, the applicant needed to answer "yes" to the PCC item (current form this is item 10.b but it was numbered differently in the older forms) if the total number of days the applicant spent in a particular country added up to 183 or more during the period September 5, 2013 to September 4, 2017.

If that total was less than 183 during that period of time, the applicant should have answered "no."

If the applicant checked "yes" the applicant needed to include either a PCC or an explanation why not. Checking "yes" but not submitting either a PCC or explanation will usually result in the application being incomplete and being returned to the applicant. (Whether or not a particular applicant's application is in fact returned can, of course, vary, subject to the vagaries of bureaucratic competency.)

If the applicant checked "no" this most likely passes the completeness check, even if in the presence calculation it shows dates in a country which, if totaled, add up to 183 or more during the preceding four years. This applicant would likely be asked later to submit a PCC for that country. Checking "no" in this instance is a misstatement of fact. Whether IRCC perceives that to be a mistake or a misrepresentation would depend on a lot of other factors, and the respective processing agent's impressions about the applicant generally.

Once AOR is received that means the application has passed the completeness check. It will then be in-process. It will not be returned. Of course the substantive content of the application will be assessed for accuracy during processing.

An applicant can be asked, later, at any time during processing (right up to the date of the oath), to submit a police certificate . . . even if the applicant did not spend 183 days in the country during the preceding four years (although it would be unreasonable for IRCC to request a PCC from a country the applicant never visited at all during the relevant four years). This is not likely unless it appears, during the examination of the applicant's history, the applicant spent a lot of time in that country, or there is something indicating the applicant has a criminal record in that country (note for example that the GCMS clearance will typically reveal U.S. criminal history, so if a person has an arrest for something like DUI in the U.S., obviously IRCC will want a PCC from the U.S. even though the applicant may have only been in the U.S. briefly a few times).

Reminder: of course applicants are required to disclose any foreign criminal history which took place in the preceding four years or while the application is in process. This is pursuant to the item about prohibitions.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...

Thanks
So basically in the past 4 years you have spent 1month outside Aug 2013 - Sep 2013. No you don't need police certificate, as per my knowledge.

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
hi guys, im just starting my application. im quite confused on how to answer question no. 10 b. In the past 4 yrs, where you in another country for a total of 183 days? I came to canada on april 02, 2014 and never went out of the country for total of 183 days. How do i compute?

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Thanks for detailed reply. As I mentioned during sept 01,2013 to sept 05,2017 ( 4 years ) I was never outside of Canada for more than 183 days. But since 2011 nov to Aug 102013 I was outside of Canada but that should not effect me as it does not comes under 4 years from date of sign. Am i correct ?
For application made September 5, 2017, the applicant needed to answer "yes" to the PCC item (current form this is item 10.b but it was numbered differently in the older forms) if the total number of days the applicant spent in a particular country added up to 183 or more during the period September 5, 2013 to September 4, 2017.

If that total was less than 183 during that period of time, the applicant should have answered "no."

If the applicant checked "yes" the applicant needed to include either a PCC or an explanation why not. Checking "yes" but not submitting either a PCC or explanation will usually result in the application being incomplete and being returned to the applicant. (Whether or not a particular applicant's application is in fact returned can, of course, vary, subject to the vagaries of bureaucratic competency.)

If the applicant checked "no" this most likely passes the completeness check, even if in the presence calculation it shows dates in a country which, if totaled, add up to 183 or more during the preceding four years. This applicant would likely be asked later to submit a PCC for that country. Checking "no" in this instance is a misstatement of fact. Whether IRCC perceives that to be a mistake or a misrepresentation would depend on a lot of other factors, and the respective processing agent's impressions about the applicant generally.

Once AOR is received that means the application has passed the completeness check. It will then be in-process. It will not be returned. Of course the substantive content of the application will be assessed for accuracy during processing.

An applicant can be asked, later, at any time during processing (right up to the date of the oath), to submit a police certificate . . . even if the applicant did not spend 183 days in the country during the preceding four years (although it would be unreasonable for IRCC to request a PCC from a country the applicant never visited at all during the relevant four years). This is not likely unless it appears, during the examination of the applicant's history, the applicant spent a lot of time in that country, or there is something indicating the applicant has a criminal record in that country (note for example that the GCMS clearance will typically reveal U.S. criminal history, so if a person has an arrest for something like DUI in the U.S., obviously IRCC will want a PCC from the U.S. even though the applicant may have only been in the U.S. briefly a few times).

Reminder: of course applicants are required to disclose any foreign criminal history which took place in the preceding four years or while the application is in process. This is pursuant to the item about prohibitions.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Since 2011 nov to aug 10,2013 I was outside but since 11 aug 2013 to sept 05,2017 I was never outside for more than183 days. Do I still need to provide ?
So basically in the past 4 years you have spent 1month outside Aug 2013 - Sep 2013. No you don't need police certificate, as per my knowledge.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi guys, im just starting my application. im quite confused on how to answer question no. 10 b. In the past 4 yrs, where you in another country for a total of 183 days? I came to canada on april 02, 2014 and never went out of the country for total of 183 days. How do i compute?
you need to look back 4 years from the day you sign your application. When you landed does not matter for the calculation of the 183 days.