+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to show personal funding after getting a scholarship ?

aapon

Apr 1, 2016
I got scholarship from University of Saskatchewan. My yearly funding is $20,000. The program is 2 years long. I am gonna apply for a study permit. Do I still need to show personal source of funding ? My parents do not possess any such funding or bank balance. I am planning to show only the funding from the university. Is there any possibility that my visa application will be rejected ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is the cost of your tuition annually?

aapon

Apr 1, 2016
My admission letter says-
Estimated tuition fee for the first academic year = $ 5,706

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aapon said:
Please HELP !!! I just need this single information...
you have to show $10,000 for first year in addition with tution fees,,, it covers your living espenses rent, food, transport , flight tickets etc

aapon

Apr 1, 2016
But my scholarship is already covering $10,000 + tuition fees that I can see. So do I need to show additional personal funding ? Yes or no ?

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
If you are in same situation as I were then you don't need to show anything but the approve of scholarship letter

I had scholarship from my country were they are pretty much cover everything

Tuition+books+health insurance+return flight ticket home+ monthly expenses

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
aapon said:
I got scholarship from University of Saskatchewan. My yearly funding is $20,000. The program is 2 years long. I am gonna apply for a study permit. Do I still need to show personal source of funding ? My parents do not possess any such funding or bank balance. I am planning to show only the funding from the university. Is there any possibility that my visa application will be rejected ?

I am in the same situation. My fellowship also covers everything, 30k$ per year... where tuition fees is less than 5k... But I was suggested (from frnds already in canada and forum) that we need to satisfy VO that even without scholarship we can manage (because scholarship would come in effect after we reach there)

So I am thinking to show as much balance I can show (on my parents name). But not buying any GIC though... And add scholarship letter to make my profile stronger...

Abbas1 said:
If you are in same situation as I were then you don't need to show anything but the approve of scholarship letter

I had scholarship from my country were they are pretty much cover everything

Tuition+books+health insurance+return flight ticket home+ monthly expenses
@abbas1 I think the case is different for us... as we are not getting funding from home country.

I think funding from Home country is like u have it in hand. And funding from university is you get when you reach there and get registered.

Anyways @aapon post in this form know if you find out any more info about this...
And btw which course u applied to at usask?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

KB3 said:
I am in the same situation. My fellowship also covers everything, 30k$ per year... where tuition fees is less than 5k... But I was suggested (from frnds already in canada and forum) that we need to satisfy VO that even without scholarship we can manage (because scholarship would come in effect after we reach there)

So I am thinking to show as much balance I can show (on my parents name). But not buying any GIC though... And add scholarship letter to make my profile stronger...

@abbas1 I think the case is different for us... as we are not getting funding from home country.

I think funding from Home country is like u have it in hand. And funding from university is you get when you reach there and get registered.

Anyways @aapon post in this form know if you find out any more info about this...
And btw which course u applied to at usask?

If you have full scholarship, you don't need to show any funding.

Manbajwa93

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Aapon, one of my friend is in the same situation right now. Can you please guide if he has to get the GIC or the scholarship letter from the university will suffice?
Your assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
i have a full scholarship from an organization in my home country. they have given an account statement and letters that says that shows how this a total scholarship covering all expenses. please will this help my chances of getting an approval or i still have to show some personal funds