+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to send new LOA to Immigration Canada?

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

Since I deferred my intake from January to March do I need to upload the new LOA via the web form and send it to Immigration Canada?
In another thread some people say yes and some say no that's why I'm confused now

Thank you!

Mandeep24

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi,

Since I deferred my intake from January to March do I need to upload the new LOA via the web form and send it to Immigration Canada?
In another thread some people say yes and some say no that's why I'm confused now

Thank you!
I also take deferment from January to March. I raised webform with my new LOA and I got reply that they didn't ask for additional documents but if I want to update any documents from my side they will open request for upload in my GCKEY account and they need 5 business days from the day I received their reply mail. But I didn't receive any notification for same. So I suggest you to raise webform with LOA from your side to keep safe side.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I also take deferment from January to March. I raised webform with my new LOA and I got reply that they didn't ask for additional documents but if I want to update any documents from my side they will open request for upload in my GCKEY account and they need 5 business days from the day I received their reply mail. But I didn't receive any notification for same. So I suggest you to raise webform with LOA from your side to keep safe side.
I deferred My INTAKE from JAN21 to SEPT 21 and after deferment I received my passport with a valid study visa so as of now do I need to upload the new LOA to mention that I will be traveling in SEPT 21.

Kay777*

Feb 9, 2021
I deferred My INTAKE from JAN21 to SEPT 21 and after deferment I received my passport with a valid study visa so as of now do I need to upload the new LOA to mention that I will be traveling in SEPT 21.
So you will tell IRCC the new LOA after got stamp on your passport? How they react? Please let me know

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
So you will tell IRCC the new LOA after got stamp on your passport? How they react? Please let me know
Seeking guidance from someone who has already done this.
I Will only upload if I get a valid justification to do so, I have reached out to my University for the same and also tried contacting IRCC via social media platforms and email but haven't got any response. Do connect with your college/University if they might guide us for this.

Reactions: Stringer_Bell_786

Kay777*

Feb 9, 2021
Seeking guidance from someone who has already done this.
I Will only upload if I get a valid justification to do so, I have reached out to my University for the same and also tried contacting IRCC via social media platforms and email but haven't got any response. Do connect with your college/University if they might guide us for this.
I got stamp from IRCC and then i send new LOA through email to IRCC they cancelled my visa because of sginificant period of deferral. So i need to re submit my visa. Almost 2 months still no update, due to i have time limit to submit proof of study permit to my college, i must defer again

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I got stamp from IRCC and then i send new LOA through email to IRCC they cancelled my visa because of sginificant period of deferral. So i need to re submit my visa. Almost 2 months still no update, due to i have time limit to submit proof of study permit to my college, i must defer again
That's quite strange I don't understand why they canceled your Visa.
Can you please share your Visa timeline?
And also can you please mention the period of deferral?