+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to send a new IMM5257 through IRCC webform?

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi

I applied for TRV on Oct 10. BG check started on Oct 18ish. Case is in Ottawa

i have an underprocess USA B1 visa which was suspended for further administrative processes under 221(g) INA

In the email USA embassy sent me they said "suspended" not "refused". But some websites say that 221(g) is refusal! And they do admin process to see if u elligible

Meaning: did i have to answer YES to the have you ever refused a visa question? I answered NO. But right niw that i am studying more, i think i had to answer YES.

Does the fact that my application has taken 80 days mean i have passed this stage? Or is this part part of security check?

I am damn stressed ... Plz share your mind with me. To see what shoulf i do. I dont want to get banned cuz of mispresentation.

Should i just send a IRCC webform CS email to explain or should i send them a new IMM5257?

The thing is i still dunno thats a refusal or suspension

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

i have an underprocess USA B1 visa which was suspended for further administrative processes under 221(g) INA

In the email USA embassy sent me they said "suspended" not "refused". But some websites say that 221(g) is refusal! And they do admin process to see if u elligible

Meaning: did i have to answer YES to the have you ever refused a visa question? I answered NO. But right niw that i am studying more, i think i had to answer YES.

Does the fact that my application has taken 80 days mean i have passed this stage? Or is this part part of security check?

I am damn stressed ... Plz share your mind with me. To see what shoulf i do. I dont want to get banned cuz of mispresentation.

Should i just send a IRCC webform CS email to explain or should i send them a new IMM5257?

Hi,

'Suspended' is NOT the same as 'Refused'. 221(g) is a temporary hold of issuing the visa.

Instead of an approval or a refusal, the immigration team were not fully convinced that you should be issued a visa at the time of the interview. They needed to further investigate your application (such as verify certain documents or information or credentials) to be certain whether or not you should be issued the US visa. That's why you were given a colored slip at the interview.

Like I had suggested a couple of days ago, you must inform IRCC that you have a pending US visa application which has been suspended for further administrative processes under 221(g) of the INA

Cheers

Last edited:

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Bryanna

Thanks alot. Thats what i think which would make sense. But there are some immigration lawyer websites on internet they say 221(g) must be mentioned as a refusal in subsequent visa applications! This made me worried. Well i wrote IRCC email and explained them i am confused and i hope they dont take this as mispresentation. I also sent them the screenshop of thé email US sent me which uses the word Suspended, not refused. I also sent them IMM5257 woth the YES as an answer to question 2b of background informarion bcz i am 90% sure 221(g) is consideres refusal for other visa applications
Hi,

'Suspended' is NOT the same as 'Refused'. 221(g) is a temporary hold of issuing the visa.

Instead of an approval or a refusal, the immigration team were not fully convinced that you should be issued a visa at the time of the interview. They needed to further investigate your application (such as verify certain documents or information or credentials) to be certain whether or not you should be issued the US visa. That's why you were given a colored slip at the interview.

Like I had suggested a couple of days ago, you must inform IRCC that you have a pending US visa application which has been suspended for further administrative processes under 221(g) of the INA

Cheers

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Bryanna I followed some threads and figured there would send a Procedural Fairness Letter if they wanna ban.

The fact that my TRV has been 81 days. Does it mean i have been good so far?

I sent CS enquiry and e-mail to CPC-O
Saying i was confused. I hope they send me a confirmation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna I followed some threads and figured there would send a Procedural Fairness Letter if they wanna ban.
Please stop imagining the worst and giving yourself undue stress.

You won't be issued a Procedural Fairness letter. You have informed IRCC about your Farsi biopage. Now you've informed IRCC about your US visa application which has been suspended for administrative reasons. You've done your best. You will be fine.

The fact that my TRV has been 81 days. Does it mean i have been good so far?
81 days could be due to any reason..... maybe third party sources have not responded to IRCC for background check reports yet.... maybe part of the delay could be due to high volume of applications or slowdown at the holiday season. Basically, the delay in processing could be due to any reason.

I sent CS enquiry and e-mail to CPC-O
Saying i was confused. I hope they send me a confirmation
Yes, CPC-O will acknowledge your recent email. Give them a few days

Reactions: CanadaEHCabada

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks master Bryanna. I hope i get some sort of confirmation of receipt from them. And i hope they dont reject me for sending too many webforms.
Please stop imagining the worst and giving yourself undue stress.

You won't be issued a Procedural Fairness letter. You have informed IRCC about your Farsi biopage. Now you've informed IRCC about your US visa application which has been suspended for administrative reasons. You've done your best. You will be fine.

81 days could be due to any reason..... maybe third party sources have not responded to IRCC for background check reports yet.... maybe part of the delay could be due to high volume of applications or slowdown at the holiday season. Basically, the delay in processing could be due to any reason.

Yes, CPC-O will acknowledge your recent email. Give them a few days

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks master Bryanna. I hope i get some sort of confirmation of receipt from them. And i hope they dont reject me for sending too many webforms.
They won't reject you for sending too many web forms.

There could, however, be a bit of delay because each time you separately email new document/additional information, it could send your file to the end of the processing queue. May/may not cause too much of a delay though as your file is awaiting the background check report in the meanwhile

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah maybe . thanks alot Bryanna
They won't reject you for sending too many web forms.

There could, however, be a bit of delay because each time you separately email new document/additional information, it could send your file to the end of the processing queue. May/may not cause too much of a delay though as your file is awaiting the background check report in the meanwhile

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Hey, what happened to your application. I also was given a 221g slip for my US visitor visa currently under process and I am going to apply for PR soon. Not sure what should I write in the questions related to visa refusal.

Amarjitfx

Jun 17, 2021
Hey, what happened to your application. I also was given a 221g slip for my US visitor visa currently under process and I am going to apply for PR soon. Not sure what should I write in the questions related to visa refusal.
Hi,

did you mentioned about 221g in your application is it a refusal or temporary hold for processing, please let me know?

Amarjitfx

Jun 17, 2021
Hi

Hi,

what answer did you get from cic about your query for 221g, i am in same situation, is 221g is refusal or temporary hold for processing? Please let me know.

thank you

phanisrikanth

Sep 20, 2021
Hi,

what answer did you get from cic about your query for 221g, i am in same situation, is 221g is refusal or temporary hold for processing? Please let me know.

thank you
Hello,

I too got Notice of 221 (g) refusal (Green Color Slip) during my H1B visa in-person interview on 14 APR 2022.
It is marked as "Additional administrative processing is required on your case. No further action is required on your part.”

My passport is given back and I was told to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the next instruction through email, if not received I need to email to trtniv@state.gov for any updates on my case.

Could you please let me know your case outcome and how long it took to get response.

kkkanna

Feb 28, 2022
Hello,

I too got Notice of 221 (g) refusal (Green Color Slip) during my H1B visa in-person interview on 14 APR 2022.
It is marked as "Additional administrative processing is required on your case. No further action is required on your part.”

My passport is given back and I was told to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the next instruction through email, if not received I need to email to trtniv@state.gov for any updates on my case.

Could you please let me know your case outcome and how long it took to get response.
Hi,

I was given notice of 221 (g) refusal (Green Color Slip) during my H1B visa in-person interview yesterday. I am not sure what the reason was, and I am trying to understand what the next step will be. Did you get any response?

phanisrikanth

Sep 20, 2021
Did you get any response?
Hello, I haven't got any update yet, its been three weeks. So far, there is no luck by sending emails requesting for updates to the email ID mentioned in the slip. (except auto reply).

It would be really helpful, if someone shares their experience in the similar situation to understand the process/trend.

Last edited: