+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to re-apply for Study Permit if i defer an intake?


Full Member
Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I deferred my intake from January to September since I didn't get my Visa by the deadline given by the college. I got my new Letter of Acceptance and raised a web form a week ago. I have now received a Correspondence Letter. Is this the Letter of Introduction as well? It's written in here, that my biometrics is valid till 2030/12/03(yy/mm/dd). So now, I can travel to Canada (by August) with this Letter, my new Letter of Acceptance and new CAQ right?


Full Member
Oct 3, 2020
My friend have the same situation. She emailed them and they said "kindly present your updated letter of acceptance, passport with visa, and other related docs at the port of entry the day you arrive in canada to request for an extention of your study permit. or you may also apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires once in canada"
  • Like
Reactions: kishor11x