+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to provide police certificate for Canada when I apply for PR in EE?

gui0506

Mar 31, 2016
Hi guys, I am an inland applicant. I applied PR in EE with a police certificate from my home country but did not give a Canadian police certificate because the instruction said:

Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more since you turned 18.A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a document that confirms you do not have a criminal record.

But my friend told me that his immigration agency asked him to provide Canadian police certificate at submission. :eek: I was a little bit worried whether I should have provided it. If so, should I use case specific enquir to add it asap? Also, is it part of R10 completeness check? I am waiting for my new work permit (BOWP) and hope they do not reject me because of missing Canadian police certificate.

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gui0506 said:
Hi guys, I am an inland applicant. I applied PR in EE with a police certificate from my home country but did not give a Canadian police certificate because the instruction said:

Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)

You must provide a police certificate for every country, region or territory, other than Canada, where you lived for six months or more since you turned 18.A police certificate is a copy of your criminal record, or a document that confirms you do not have a criminal record.

But my friend told me that his immigration agency asked him to provide Canadian police certificate at submission. :eek: I was a little bit worried whether I should have provided it. If so, should I use case specific enquir to add it asap? Also, is it part of R10 completeness check? I am waiting for my new work permit (BOWP) and hope they do not reject me because of missing Canadian police certificate.
No need. If they ask you then you will go to police station with their letter.