+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need to provide PCC for each country i have ever lived in last 10 years?

awaisumar

Aug 17, 2019
Dear fellows,

i will apply under family class sponsorship for my PR, i have lived in 3 countries for a period of 1 year each. and spend half of my life in my country of birth. so i got PCC from my country of Birth and current country of residence.
is that ok or i need to provide PCC for remaining 2 countries as well? problem is that i have no visa for those countries now and also i am not living there so don't know how can i apply for it now.

on document checklist it's clearly mentioned that i need PCC for

1. The country where i currently living in if i am here for more than 6 months and
2. The country where you have lived most of your life sicne age of 18

now i am confused on the 2nd point. for this point i got PCC for my country of birth but a very experienced consultant told me that.

"You need PCCs for last ten years or since you turned 18 whichever is longer period from all those countries
Check country specific requirements on IRCC website"

but when i open IRCC website for country specific requirements it says there are no more instruction for this specific country.

please guide me about it

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
You need all PCCs from all countries that you ever lived for more than 6 months since you turned 18 years old.

awaisumar

Aug 17, 2019
can you send me the reference to this? because i do not see anything like this in my document checklist, it just says me to provide PCC for current country of residence and the country where i spent most of my life. are you sure it's for Family class PR application?
i think this requirement is for Express Entry.

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
can you send me the reference to this? because i do not see anything like this in my document checklist, it just says me to provide PCC for current country of residence and the country where i spent most of my life. are you sure it's for Family class PR application?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
If you search this forum thoroughly, you will find that this question has been asked and answered many times. And yes, you need all PCCs from all countries that you have lived over 6 months, after you turned 18 years old.

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Dear fellows,

i will apply under family class sponsorship for my PR, i have lived in 3 countries for a period of 1 year each. and spend half of my life in my country of birth. so i got PCC from my country of Birth and current country of residence.
is that ok or i need to provide PCC for remaining 2 countries as well? problem is that i have no visa for those countries now and also i am not living there so don't know how can i apply for it now.

on document checklist it's clearly mentioned that i need PCC for

1. The country where i currently living in if i am here for more than 6 months and
2. The country where you have lived most of your life sicne age of 18

now i am confused on the 2nd point. for this point i got PCC for my country of birth but a very experienced consultant told me that.

"You need PCCs for last ten years or since you turned 18 whichever is longer period from all those countries
Check country specific requirements on IRCC website"

but when i open IRCC website for country specific requirements it says there are no more instruction for this specific country.

please guide me about it
For spousal sponsorship you only have to submit the two police certificates you mentioned up front but IRCC can ask for one from any country you’ve lived in for more than six months.

Other streams of immigration must submit all police checks for all countries they’ve lived in more than six months.

yashram80

Jul 29, 2020
If you search this forum thoroughly, you will find that this question has been asked and answered many times. And yes, you need all PCCs from all countries that you have lived over 6 months, after you turned 18 years old.
You need to submit PCC only for the PAST 10 YEARS ONLY. Ex: you are 38 years old. So from the age of 28 onwards which country you have lived for more than 6 months, only that country you need to provide PCC.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
You need to submit PCC only for the PAST 10 YEARS ONLY. Ex: you are 38 years old. So from the age of 28 onwards which country you have lived for more than 6 months, only that country you need to provide PCC.
I have been through the whole process and I am 100% sure that what you said is incorrect. You need all PCCs from all countries that you have lived over 6 months, after you turned 18 years old.

mdmqbck

Jul 26, 2020
If it's easy to do, I think it's better to submit the application with all possible police certificates, even if the checklist says it's not required.. You'll avoid delays if they want them down the road anyways.

However if the additional certificates are hard to get, I'd just submit with the minimum required and launch the process in parallel to get the additional certificates.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hi. I have similar question. I have lived in north cyprus for 4 months, exited the country and then again for 4 months. It was not consecutive 6 months and getting pcc from there is hard. I was a student but then left the program and transferred to another country.
Would I need to provide pcc for cyprus. I am confused.