+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to mention the number of all weekly work hours on the reference letter?

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Alright,

I had a part-time job, but the thing is that the work hours varied every week.
And according to the instructions on CIC, I realize that it is necessary to include weekly work hours.

If my employer needs to mention the number of work hours for each week,
he will go crazy...

please give any advice on this!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Alright,

I had a part-time job, but the thing is that the work hours varied every week.
And according to the instructions on CIC, I realize that it is necessary to include weekly work hours.

If my employer needs to mention the number of work hours for each week,
he will go crazy...
Yes, the letter needs to describe hours worked per week. You are not the first person to have variable hours, the letter just needs to describe the truth.

So it can say "Mr./Ms. X worked part-time hours that varied each week, from a minimum of X to a maximum of XX hours, for an average of XX hours per week". (When you calculate the average, you cannot use more 30 hours in a given week).

YOU make a spreadsheet of hours worked per week, and provide this info to him/her. Use whatever records you can get (time sheets, paystubs). If this was in Canada, you should have a Record of Employment (ROE); this will be very helpful esp. if you don't have weekly records (time sheets, paystubs). Your employer either gave you the ROE or filed electronically - in which case you can download it from Service Canada.