+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to have a Canadian address for soft landing?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I have heard that you need to have a Canadian address at the time of landing when having your COPR get activated so your PR card will be sent to that address.

I wonder though.... what if you want to find your accommodation AFTER you have landed because you want to actually see the property before you sign anything? So do landing PR holders HAVE to have already signed an accommodation contract before we even reach Canada?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
I have heard that you need to have a Canadian address at the time of landing when having your COPR get activated so your PR card will be sent to that address.

I wonder though.... what if you want to find your accommodation AFTER you have landed because you want to actually see the property before you sign anything? So do landing PR holders HAVE to have already signed an accommodation contract before we even reach Canada?
No, You don't have to have a permanent accommodation at the time of landing. However, you do need to show proof of the temporary accommodations, eg. Air B&B, Hotel, etc. The border agent will ask you for this information and you would provide them with temporary details. They would then give you instructions on how to contact IRCC to update your permanent address and have the PR card sent there.

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
No, You don't have to have a permanent accommodation at the time of landing. However, you do need to show proof of the temporary accommodations, eg. Air B&B, Hotel, etc. The border agent will ask you for this information and you would provide them with temporary details. They would then give you instructions on how to contact IRCC to update your permanent address and have the PR card sent there.
Oh I see! Thanks so much for your insight! That was really helpful:)