+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to get my spouse’s education assessment?

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will applying for mine and my spouse’s permanent residency next month in CEC category. Do I need to get my spouse’s education assessed? I will be the principal applicant and my profile is below:

Age- 26 years
Education: B.Tech from India and M.Sc. from Canada.
Work experience: Will complete one year work experience in NOC A job category next month.
Married in May 2018

Spouse currently in India but will be here in Canada soon (waiting for her work permit approval)
She has a diploma in Culinary Arts but we haven’t applied for her education assessment yet. Is it required?

Thanks
Simratpal

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I will applying for mine and my spouse’s permanent residency next month in CEC category. Do I need to get my spouse’s education assessed? I will be the principal applicant and my profile is below:

Age- 26 years
Education: B.Tech from India and M.Sc. from Canada.
Work experience: Will complete one year work experience in NOC A job category next month.
Married in May 2018

Spouse currently in India but will be here in Canada soon (waiting for her work permit approval)
She has a diploma in Culinary Arts but we haven’t applied for her education assessment yet. Is it required?

Thanks
Simratpal
It is not required as such, but once you add spouse to your EE profile and do not include their ECA and or Language Score, it generally drags your score down...
If you are confident that you have more than enough points 440+ with spouse you do not need an ECA. All her education, work exp(if any) can move to personal activities/history section.

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks
My crs score is about 530 out of which only 6 points contributed by my spouse’s education. It would technically not affect my overall score. So while applying for an ITA application, what should I mention when my spouse’s education is asked. Will I need to show her education assessment if I enter her education in ITA application?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks
My crs score is about 530 out of which only 6 points contributed by my spouse’s education. It would technically not affect my overall score. So while applying for an ITA application, what should I mention when my spouse’s education is asked. Will I need to show her education assessment if I enter her education in ITA application?
You can refer this thread on how to go about it... https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/aor-with-spouse-education-given-but-not-claiming-points-will-cic-ask-eca.487645/