+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to declare my baby

Muinat

Aug 9, 2020
Hi everyone! Kindly enlighten me better on this issue pls. I am currently in the EE and I have applied for the PR waiting on positive feedback soon! Now my the issue is my gf is pregnant and might give birth anytime soon. My question now is do I need to declare once she gives birth? If I don’t and I allow my application be processed based on the already submitted profile will that mean I misrepresented/lie on my application? Bearing in mind mind I am almost 6 months under d IRCC review and positive I could have an update from them anytime soon? Please kindly help me on this. Thanks

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone! Kindly enlighten me better on this issue pls. I am currently in the EE and I have applied for the PR waiting on positive feedback soon! Now my the issue is my gf is pregnant and might give birth anytime soon. My question now is do I need to declare once she gives birth? If I don’t and I allow my application be processed based on the already submitted profile will that mean I misrepresented/lie on my application? Bearing in mind mind I am almost 6 months under d IRCC review and positive I could have an update from them anytime soon? Please kindly help me on this. Thanks
how do you plan to bring the kid along to Canada ?
Once she deliver you should inform IRCC and follow the documents they require afterwords

Muinat

Aug 9, 2020
how do you plan to bring the kid along to Canada ?
Once she deliver you should inform IRCC and follow the documents they require afterwords
My EE profile is single and the baby will still be with his mum till later when I am balanced to bring him in and if later I marry her as I am currently single. Do you still think it’s necessary to let IRCC know since the baby is not coming with me at the beginning?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
My EE profile is single and the baby will still be with his mum till later when I am balanced to bring him in and if later I marry her as I am currently single. Do you still think it’s necessary to let IRCC know since the baby is not coming with me at the beginning?
You applied as Single and now you are confused whether or not to inform IRCC that you are having a baby?

Well i guess as soon as you raise a webform you might be banned for up to 5 years. So i advise you not to do so.

Reactions: maaayankkk

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
You applied as Single and now you are confused whether or not to inform IRCC that you are having a baby?

Well i guess as soon as you raise a webform you might be banned for up to 5 years. So i advise you not to do so.
Do not scare people around here, mate! What ban are you talking about?! His girlfriend is pregnant.

Once your girlfriend gives birth you should inform IRCC that you have a child right now.

Reactions: Bacelor

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Do not scare people around here, mate! What ban are you talking about?! His girlfriend is pregnant.

Once your girlfriend gives birth you should inform IRCC that you have a child right now.
Dear i am not scaring anyone here? Are you? Cause the guy himself doesn't seem scared, it was just an advice from my opinion. And yes my answer in first post was to inform IRCC but i understand now he is not declaring his GF and intending declaring only the baby ( she might be in admissible... i dont know).

Anyway i assumed he is in at least a common law relationship thats how i built my answer.
A girlfriend should be living with the man and since she is about to deliver it must been the case since the last 9 months. Thus applying as single is not valid.

Maybe he needs to raise an LOE explaining he is in relationship and why she was not included (even if not accompanying) and declare a kid birth... both

Last edited:

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019

Relax

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Dear i am not scaring anyone here? Are you? Cause the guy himself doesn't seem scared, it was just an advice from my opinion.

Anyway i assumed he is in at least a common law relationship thats how i built my answer.
A girlfriend should be living with the man and since she is about to deliver it must been the case since the last 9 months. Thus applying as single is not valid.
You don't get banned from Canada for having a baby while single, go back to 1560 grandma.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
You don't get banned from Canada for having a baby while single, go back to 1560 grandma.
He is not single he is:
1- In relationship with a woman.( that he considers to marry).
2- Are about to have their first baby
And applied as Single.
I see it as misrepresentation you see as modern single guy with no problems.

See below links that might explain how to asse a relationship with children under responsibility

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-conjugal.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

However i am not up to this conversation anymore kids.

Chaos

Last edited:

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
He is not single he is:
1- In relationship with a woman.
2- Are about to have their first baby
And applied as Single.
I see it as misrepresentation you see as modern single guy with no problems.

See below link that might explain how to asse a sexual relationship with children under responsibility
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-conjugal.html

However i am not up to this conversation anymore kids.

Chaos
You clearly have a problem expressing yourself

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
You clearly have a problem expressing yourself
I am not sure what is this about, but it looks you are only here to criticise my comments.
I mean I can't see you adding anything to this thread, but to ask me to relax and improve my expressions.

However thank you i will work on it i respect your "bloody" opinion :p
if you need any help with your long standing application i would be glad to assist you in your Expression of Interest.

GL

Last edited:

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
It’s not whether he declared his common law partner and mentioned that she won’t be coming to canada or he totally concealed the fact that he had a partner.
If he declared the partner already then there’s no problem at all.
If he didn’t declare he was I. Relationship then he needs to have deliberation over it now as to how this situation is to be dealt. Maybe he can explain to IRCC that he was in relationship, got out of it, and now after hearing the news about his baby coming, joined back his partner. Just my 2 cents. And I am not going to argue with anyone. You are all right.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Try to consult an immigration lawyer, if you get similar response then think about registering the baby as unknown father this case you do not need to proof any relationships and might be able to sponsor them once you become a Citizen.

But up to my knowledge, whether you still in relationship or break it down both status have to be prooved and you already waiting for a final decision as single.

Apologies if i have made any confusion i just responded to your query to the best of my knowledge.
GL Please keep us updated.

Last edited:

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
@Bacelor you don’t need to declare your girlfriend who is pregnant if you are not in common law with her.
You are single even if your 20 girlfriends are pregnant but non of them live with you and fall under definition of common law.