+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to be in Canada to sponsor my parent for Super Visa ?

himmy

Aug 30, 2019
Hi All,

I have a question on Super Visa requirements. Hoping you guys can help me out.

I got my Canadian PR last year, however, i returned back after soft landing. Now, we plan to move to Canada this year ? I am thinking of applying visa for my mother as well and was wondering can i apply for super visa directly for my mother, even if i am not residing in canada ? I see sponsor should be a PR being one of the requirements for Super Visa, however, i don't see a criteria for sponsor to be living in Canada ? If i can justify the financial support using my bank statements then can i apply for Super visa for my mother even if i am not residing in Canada ?

Thank you for your time.

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

I got my Canadian PR last year, however, i returned back after soft landing. Now, we plan to move to Canada this year ? I am thinking of applying visa for my mother as well and was wondering can i apply for super visa directly for my mother, even if i am not residing in canada ? I see sponsor should be a PR being one of the requirements for Super Visa, however, i don't see a criteria for sponsor to be living in Canada ? If i can justify the financial support using my bank statements then can i apply for Super visa for my mother even if i am not residing in Canada ?

Thank you for your time.
One of the requirements in Super Visa is - have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada
and if you open the link it says "Sometimes, when you apply for a visa to visit Canada, we ask you to give us a letter of invitation from someone in Canada."

Also it would ask for your NOA and T1/T4 which generally means generated from your time of employment in Canada.

Reactions: himmy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Thank you for your time.
No - you can't.

You must be living and working in Canada.

Bank statements are not accepted as proof you meet the financial support requirements. You must have a job in Canada that meets the income requirements to qualify.

himmy

Aug 30, 2019
I have a follow-up question, if anyone can help with that.

Can i apply for my mother's visitor visa prior to moving to Canada ? We are planning to permanently move to Canada in July and trying to get my mother Visa as well, so that she can help us out during initial settlement.

Visitor visa also ask for address of person you are visiting in Canada ? (Not sure if people have gotten visitor visa, without any permanent address).

Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a follow-up question, if anyone can help with that.

Can i apply for my mother's visitor visa prior to moving to Canada ? We are planning to permanently move to Canada in July and trying to get my mother Visa as well, so that she can help us out during initial settlement.

Visitor visa also ask for address of person you are visiting in Canada ? (Not sure if people have gotten visitor visa, without any permanent address).

Thank you in advance.
You can certainly try. There may be concerns that she is trying to move to Canada with you so you should show that she has her own funds to travel and that she has strong ties which will mean she will return home.