+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to be a citizen to join to the NDP party

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm currently waiting for my exam day and i was just wondering if i could join to a political party without my citizenship yet in the ndp website they dont say anything about it just pay the 25$ membership fee :) thank you in advance guys :)

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kingoftherings said:
i'm currently waiting for my exam day and i was just wondering if i could join to a political party without my citizenship yet in the ndp website they dont say anything about it just pay the 25$ membership fee :) thank you in advance guys :)
Permanent Residents can join political parties, and the NDP has this check box at the bottom of their inscription form: "I'm a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada and I'm making this contribution with my personal account and not a corporate account. I have read and I agree with the NDP Member Declaration".

If you have been frustrated by the citizenship process (or if there are other issues you're concerned about), getting involved at a grassroots level is a great way to bring the problems of the CIC and the record citizenship delays to a larger audience. The Québec NDP is currently accepting suggested resolutions to vote on during their October 2013 general counsel meeting.

Also, the membership fee may be lower based on age, employment status, etc.

Canadaj

Jun 25, 2013
You can join any political party in Canada as a permanent resident. As a PR, you can't vote but since you are going to become a citizen soon :) you will be able to be an active NDP member and vote for them. Good luck on your exam!

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaj said:
You can join any political party in Canada as a permanent resident. As a PR, you can't vote but since you are going to become a citizen soon :) you will be able to be an active NDP member and vote for them. Good luck on your exam!
yeah thanks my friend :)