+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need my current job ref letter if not claiming points?

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
At the final stages of uploading documents, I have full reference letters from two past jobs I have claimed points for.

However my current job is a different NOC and I’m not claiming points for it.

Do I still need a reference letter from my current employer or is it okay to upload my contract/job duties/payslips which are all on company letter head?

I’d rather my current employer didn’t know about my plans to immigrate just yet if I can help it

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
At the final stages of uploading documents, I have full reference letters from two past jobs I have claimed points for.

However my current job is a different NOC and I’m not claiming points for it.

Do I still need a reference letter from my current employer or is it okay to upload my contract/job duties/payslips which are all on company letter head?

I’d rather my current employer didn’t know about my plans to immigrate just yet if I can help it
Move your current job from Work History to Personal History and you don't have to provide any document at all.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
I have it in personal history already but the text on the upload page is confusing as it says “you must provide references for your current employer and all past employers you have listed” when you hover over the tooltip/question mark.

So if I’m not claiming points I don’t need to provide anything?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I have it in personal history already but the text on the upload page is confusing as it says “you must provide references for your current employer and all past employers you have listed” when you hover over the tooltip/question mark.

So if I’m not claiming points I don’t need to provide anything?
Yup, no need to provide anything if you are not claiming points for it.

Reactions: Gruff