+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do I need meet income for spouse sponsorship?

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia
Low Income Cut Off (LICO) is not applicable to spouse/common-law sponsorship applications. However, the sponsor will have to show that they can provide basic necessities for the applicant.

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Actually there is no requirement to show anything with a spousal application. What you do have to do is sign an undertaking to be financially responsible for your spouse for 3 years after he/she 'lands'.

This undertaking applies even if you split up. So pray your spouse doesn't leave you and go on welfare. :D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCbound said:
Actually there is no requirement to show anything with a spousal application. What you do have to do is sign an undertaking to be financially responsible for your spouse for 3 years after he/she 'lands'.

This undertaking applies even if you split up. So pray your spouse doesn't leave you and go on welfare. :D
Should also be added that the sponsor cannot be on welfare, except for disability.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) I had a friend to which it happened and she got welfare and he had to pay back every penny she got. So one must be sure before sponsoring someone if that person married you for you or for getting here. They learn very fast what they can do and you end up footing the bill, his was around 20,000 plus interest.

super8

Sep 23, 2011
Message: hi em currently in USA on H1B and want to get info. on Canada immigration.
I want to file for skilled worker only for me, once i get approved i will go back to us and finish my current contract job which will be over in 1-2 years.
IF i am a permanent resident and i have not stayed in canada for past 2 yrs after getting my PR, now i want to move to canada and i want to file for my spouse and my child how long will it take and do i have to stay in canada or i can stay in USA and we all can come together to canada once they get their visas.
please porvide me with the info as em willing to do so.