+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do i need letter of offer if working with PGWP?

spring0326

Feb 5, 2017
Hello, I'm currently working for a company under the post-grad work permit and am looking into applying for FSW.

Does the 'letter of offer of employment' as mentioned below

"the employer making the job offer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada that approves the offer and names the candidate and their position; or the candidate
is currently working in Canada in a NOC Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA,
is working for an employer listed on the work permit,
is authorized to work in Canada when submitting their application and when the visa is issued, and
has received a job offer from their employer for a full-time job in NOC Skill Type 0, A or B for at least one year if accepted as a permanent resident; or
the candidate has a valid work permit for a job in NOC 0, A or B that is exempt from needing an LMIA (under an international agreement such as the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, or other cases supporting Canadian interests) and the candidate:
is currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
has accumulated one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) and
has a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after their visa for permanent residence is issued."

also apply for the PGWP holders? From my understanding, my work is not based on LMIA and as long as I can provide the 'reference letter/work records', then this document is unnecessary. (as lots of information is repetitive)

If someone has an experience with this, please please let me know!!
Thank you!