+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need HRSDC approval for visa extention?

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Hi,

I have applied for permanent residency in June 2011 as my employer made me a permanent job offer.

My work permit expires Feb 2013 and at the pace Buffalo is processing I'm not sure my PR will be processed.

Do I require HRSDC approval for extension of extend my work visa?

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Anyone extend there work visa please let me know whats the process?

Do I only need a letter from my employer or will I need approval from HRSDC.

seven

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
24-02-2010
Med's Request
16-10-2011
Med's Done....
16-10-2011
Passport Req..
22-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
07-March-2012
Kets said:
Anyone extend there work visa please let me know whats the process?

Do I only need a letter from my employer or will I need approval from HRSDC.
Did you get HRSDC approval, when you applied for Initial work permit. If so, then you need to get approval again. IF not, then probably no need to get approval from HRSDC.

For me, I have applied for extension in Aug 2011 and they did not ask me to get approval and they provided the extended workpermit.

Hope this will help you.

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks I did not initially apply for approval which means I should be good.

Thanks a mill!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kets said:
Thanks I did not initially apply for approval which means I should be good.

Thanks a mill!!!

Unless you applied under the PNP program and got your work permit with a facilitation letter from the province, you will need a LMO to extend your work permit.

Kets

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
When I did my initial application for work permit my skills list was not required for LMO approval.

I have been made a permanent offer already from my employer hence my application for permanent residency.

It does not make sense that even though I have received positive eligibility for PR I still have to get a LMO approval for visa extension.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kets said:
When I did my initial application for work permit my skills list was not required for LMO approval.

I have been made a permanent offer already from my employer hence my application for permanent residency.

It does not make sense that even though I have received positive eligibility for PR I still have to get a LMO approval for visa extension.

Sounds like you got your work permit through the Simplified Simplified Process for Information Technology where if your job was in the 7 IT jobs, it didn't require a LMO. That program is finished. Your employer needs to get you a LMO if you wish to continue working. It is the same for everyone else.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Unless you applied under the PNP program and got your work permit with a facilitation letter from the province, you will need a LMO to extend your work permit.
PMM said:
Hi

Sounds like you got your work permit through the Simplified Simplified Process for Information Technology where if your job was in the 7 IT jobs, it didn't require a LMO. That program is finished. Your employer needs to get you a LMO if you wish to continue working. It is the same for everyone else.
to echo PMM here - I intially obtained a WP under the same program that PMM refered to. Before my short-term WP expired, I applied for PR, and one of the questions there in the PNP form was if I needed a letter of support or, as PMM mentioned - the facilitation letter. I said yes, and in my approval of nomination letter, included was a separate letter addressed to the WPC in Vegreville. This replaced the need for an LMO from HRSDC and I was granted an extension of WP up to the end of my employment contract then. It was stated specifically in the letter that I do not need an LMO as the PNP supports my application for a work permit.