+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ECA for each degree i have?

Jan 14, 2019
I am doing bhms in India and I want to go to Canada for my master's . So my degree is recognised there and is there is demand of homoeopathy in Canada

nahal

Aug 22, 2018
I have two masters degree , and I have mentioned in in my ee profile, do I need to send both to wes?! since one masters degree in enough

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
We are applying for Canadian through express entry. We have received ITA in the draw held last Wednesday. My husband is the primary applicant, along with me (spouse) an two dependant kids. We are applying through our British passports. The question which is confusing us is about ECA. My husband has done bachelor of science in computer engineering from Pakistan which is a 4 year degree program. Then he moved here and did masters. We got his masters degree evaluated through ices only since we are claiming points for his masters. It has been accepted as masters equivalent in Canada and normal admission basis is at least 3 year bachelor degree. But in the express entry profile under the education section he did mention his Bachelor degree with no ECA provided. Our score was 457 and we got ITA based on this information. Now I have two questions; first does it matter that we have not done ECA for his bachelor degree? Secondly, putting up bachelor degree under education and not providing ECA can this lead to rejection?
We have checked cic website again and again and it simply says that your highest degree should be evaluated and any other degree must be evaluated if you wants to claim points for it. We did try removing bachelor degree from the education section and preview the scores, it stayed on 457. Can anyone please guide us what to do? Shall we leave it as it is where bechalor degree is mentioned with no ECA provided or should we remov bachelor degree from the education tab and put it under personal tab?
Waiting for a response,
Many thanks

Kashy2j

May 6, 2019
Dear Madam

I am stuck on the same issue and looking for the right resolution. Please do kindly share any response you receive for your query.

Appreciate your guidance.

M.Kenobi

Apr 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
We are applying for Canadian through express entry. We have received ITA in the draw held last Wednesday. My husband is the primary applicant, along with me (spouse) an two dependant kids. We are applying through our British passports. The question which is confusing us is about ECA. My husband has done bachelor of science in computer engineering from Pakistan which is a 4 year degree program. Then he moved here and did masters. We got his masters degree evaluated through ices only since we are claiming points for his masters. It has been accepted as masters equivalent in Canada and normal admission basis is at least 3 year bachelor degree. But in the express entry profile under the education section he did mention his Bachelor degree with no ECA provided. Our score was 457 and we got ITA based on this information. Now I have two questions; first does it matter that we have not done ECA for his bachelor degree? Secondly, putting up bachelor degree under education and not providing ECA can this lead to rejection?
We have checked cic website again and again and it simply says that your highest degree should be evaluated and any other degree must be evaluated if you wants to claim points for it. We did try removing bachelor degree from the education section and preview the scores, it stayed on 457. Can anyone please guide us what to do? Shall we leave it as it is where bechalor degree is mentioned with no ECA provided or should we remov bachelor degree from the education tab and put it under personal tab?
Waiting for a response,
Many thanks
If you have you masters evaluated, you don't need to include the bachelor's

Kashy2j

May 6, 2019
Dear Sir

Do i need to mention the details of my Bachelor degree on online form or just Masters if i only want to evaluate my Masters Degree?

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you have you masters evaluated, you don't need to include the bachelor's
Thank you for your reply. This is what the cic website says but the mistake we made was we added his bachelors degree information in the education tab with no ECA provided option selected. Now if we remove this bachelor information while submitting the application, won’t it look suspicious that why bachelors information has been removed in the actual application while it was mentioned in the express entry profile on which we got the ITA.
Many thanks

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Dear Madam

I am stuck on the same issue and looking for the right resolution. Please do kindly share any response you receive for your query.

Appreciate your guidance.
If you are claiming points on masters than please don’t include bachelors degree information in the education tab for express entry profile. Just simply put masters and it’s ECA evaluation.

Reactions: M.Kenobi

M.Kenobi

Apr 5, 2019
Thank you for your reply. This is what the cic website says but the mistake we made was we added his bachelors degree information in the education tab with no ECA provided option selected. Now if we remove this bachelor information while submitting the application, won’t it look suspicious that why bachelors information has been removed in the actual application while it was mentioned in the express entry profile on which we got the ITA.
Many thanks
No it won't as long as the Master's was evaluated. But if you leave the bachelor's without an ECA, thats where you might be moved to review required.

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you are claiming points on masters than please don’t include bachelors degree information in the education tab for express entry profile. Just simply put masters and it’s ECA evaluation.
No it won't as long as the Master's was evaluated. But if you leave the bachelor's without an ECA, thats where you might be moved to review required.
thank you for a prompt reply. So the best bet is to remove bachelor altogether. We did preview our score and it didn’t change.

infectious

Mar 5, 2019
I am in a similar situation. Currently in Post-ITA phase, about to submit the application..
  • I have only had my Master's evaluated by WES (Master's from US & Bachelors from India)
  • I have mentioned Masters in Educational history section and Bachelors in Personal history section.
Since your case is mostly similar to mine, I have a few questions
  1. Do I have to upload bachelors degree while submitting documents or will it cause issues ?
  2. If I have to submit a LOE, what should it ideally state ?
  3. Do I have to submit an LOE separately for each section or is one letter containing all details enough ?
Thanks for your time.
What did you end up doing and what was the outcome? Kindly update.

gitd

Sep 4, 2020
I have done already done WES evaluation for my bachelors degree and I am trying to get IQAS for my masters. My question is, Do I need to evaluate bachelors degree too?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I have done already done WES evaluation for my bachelors degree and I am trying to get IQAS for my masters. My question is, Do I need to evaluate bachelors degree too?
You only need an evaluation of the highest degree earned. In this case Masters. Your points are counted based on the highest degree.