+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need ECA assesment if I have sufficient points without it?

Bilalranjha

May 19, 2018
Hello,

I did first undergrad from Canada. Then came back to my home country and did a university of London distant learning llb and currently practicing as a lawyer for the past four years. Now, as far as points are concerned, I already have enough points without the ECA assesment for llb. I can simple submit my application and hopefully receive an ITA in the next draw. But the caveat is that my experience is related to my second undergrad, which is the llb hons of University of London. Would they want an assesment of degree that is related to further professional experience ? The ECA process will delay my application for at least 2-3 months without any effect on points.

Please advise me whether I should simply submit the application without the ECA or should I get it first?

Thankyou

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

I did first undergrad from Canada. Then came back to my home country and did a university of London distant learning llb and currently practicing as a lawyer for the past four years. Now, as far as points are concerned, I already have enough points without the ECA assesment for llb. I can simple submit my application and hopefully receive an ITA in the next draw. But the caveat is that my experience is related to my second undergrad, which is the llb hons of University of London. Would they want an assesment of degree that is related to further professional experience ? The ECA process will delay my application for at least 2-3 months without any effect on points.

Please advise me whether I should simply submit the application without the ECA or should I get it first?

Thankyou
If you are expecting a direct invitation without mentioning your LLB course, then no problem with your experience. If you can provide relevant reference letters, appointment letter, salary slips etc.

If you are expecting a PNP, then LLB ECA is mandatory.

Bilalranjha

May 19, 2018
No Sir, I am not expecting a PNP. I am applying under the Federal programme through express entry.

Should I mention my LLB under education though? It gives me an option to check NO for ECA assesment. So that they have my LLB on their record at least.

I also intend to submit a letter from Punjab Bar Council affirming my good standing with the bar, how I obtained the license to practice law, along with the LLB attested by them.

Thankyou for your response. Greatly appreciate your help and advise.

May you have a good day

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
No Sir, I am not expecting a PNP. I am applying under the Federal programme through express entry.

Should I mention my LLB under education though? It gives me an option to check NO for ECA assesment. So that they have my LLB on their record at least.

I also intend to submit a letter from Punjab Bar Council affirming my good standing with the bar, how I obtained the license to practice law, along with the LLB attested by them.

Thankyou for your response. Greatly appreciate your help and advise.

May you have a good day
You can do that.