+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a police clearance certificate (PCC) for citizenship application also?

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
I suffered to get a PCC from BLS / India when I applied for my PR around 3 years ago. It just took a *very* long time, and even now, I get nightmares thinking about the process.

I've not lived in India (or any other country) since I came to Canada and became a PR...so is a PCC from there still required? The CIC will already have the same PCC that I had submitted for my PR application...there has been no change since then.

Or do I still have to go to BLS and go through this stupid PCC process again when I apply for citizenship in the future?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
cupcakes said:
I suffered to get a PCC from BLS / India when I applied for my PR around 3 years ago. It just took a *very* long time, and even now, I get nightmares thinking about the process.

I've not lived in India (or any other country) since I came to Canada and became a PR...so is a PCC from there still required? The CIC will already have the same PCC that I had submitted for my PR application...there has been no change since then.

Or do I still have to go to BLS and go through this stupid PCC process again when I apply for citizenship in the future?
Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Read the section "9. Police certificate(s) (as required)"

This is the part that I have extracted from the Instruction guide. See if this applies to you. If yes, then you need to get PCC and if not then don't worry, you don't need PCC.

You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cupcakes said:

CIC will do that asking a fingerprint request if needed. So do not worry about police certificate. It is not a list of documents requested in your citizenship application

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
thecoolguysam said:
Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Read the section "9. Police certificate(s) (as required)"

This is the part that I have extracted from the Instruction guide. See if this applies to you. If yes, then you need to get PCC and if not then don't worry, you don't need PCC.

You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.
Wow! Can't believe I missed this. Thanks a lot!