App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I lived a full year in my home country before moving to Canada. Since we went back to visit once for 14 days, will I need a new PCC for my citizenship application? It's going to be very difficult for me to get one and according to the application guide, they said if i moved immediately from my country of origin then no need to give a pcc. what are everyone's thoughts?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I lived a full year in my home country before moving to Canada. Since we went back to visit once for 14 days, will I need a new PCC for my citizenship application? It's going to be very difficult for me to get one and according to the application guide, they said if i moved immediately from my country of origin then no need to give a pcc. what are everyone's thoughts?
See the example below… from what I read above Example 1 would be relevant for you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Example 2

You became a permanent resident 3 years and 9 months ago. In the past 4 years, you lived in Brazil for 3 months (90 days) before you became a permanent resident and you returned to Brazil to visit family for 4 months (120 days) after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from Brazil because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in Brazil.

Example 3

In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from the USA because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in the USA.

Example 4

In the past 4 years, you travelled to Singapore four times for work. The first trip was for 30 days; the second trip was for 200 days; the third trip was for 60 days; and the fourth trip was for 120 days. While in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore because your second trip was more than 183 days in a row. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
See the example below… from what j read above Example 1 would be relevant for you

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.
in example 1 it says did not go back to france, whereas i did

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
in example 1 it says did not go back to france, whereas i did
You don't IMO.

I lived in India immediately before establishing my PR in 2017. I went back to India once in 2019 for around 17 days. I applied for citizenship in September 2020 and I did NOT submit a PCC and I wasn't asked for it either.

The reasoning behind me not providing PCC is this - I did NOT stay in India for more than 183 days continously AFTER I established my Permanent Residence.

Example 2 would be more appropriate in your case (as it was in mine).

Reactions: abbas.pasha

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
You don't IMO.

I lived in India immediately before establishing my PR in 2017. I went back to India once in 2019 for around 17 days. I applied for citizenship in September 2020 and I did NOT submit a PCC and I wasn't asked for it either.

The reasoning behind me not providing PCC is this - I did NOT stay in India for more than 183 days continously AFTER I established my Permanent Residence.

Example 2 would be more appropriate in your case (as it was in mine).
i agree with your reasoning and I think it's valid too. I'm pretty sure they'll request one if they believe otherwise. they did after all say we didn't need one if we moved from our country of origin without any exceptions.