+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need a new LMO (same employer) under LCP

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please anyone there can help me. My 2-year TRV and WP will expired on January 12, 2011. Does my employer will apply for a new LMO or I will just apply for Extension of my Work Permit? Does CIC require a new LMO? or just a new Employment Contract and Job Offer Letter. Please Help Me. I don't want to leave Canada on Jan. 12, 2011. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: edzleal

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Nope, you only need a new contract and a letter form your employer stating that s/he still needs your service.

honeysweetie said:
Please anyone there can help me. My 2-year TRV and WP will expired on January 12, 2011. Does my employer will apply for a new LMO or I will just apply for Extension of my Work Permit? Does CIC require a new LMO? or just a new Employment Contract and Job Offer Letter. Please Help Me. I don't want to leave Canada on Jan. 12, 2011. Thanks a lot.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
awesome. Thank you so much for the response. So can I now submit my application for Extension of my WP to CIC-V? Or is it too early to submit?

Btw, one more question please. I just married last April 24, 2010 in the Philippines and until now our Marriage Certificate copy is not available yet in National Statistics Office (NSO) so that means, I can't renew/update my passport (not yet expired though- will expire on April 2012) to my new Married name. Is there any discrepancy then if I will apply now my EXtension of my WP in my single name? or shall I put now my Married name in the Application Form (IMM1249) even without a new Passport in my married name. But I have a photocopy of our Marriage Certificate (from the Church) Please. Thank you so much for your time.

annemarie91104

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
@ honeysweetee....im using my old lmo too under same employer...hows yours? just wanna know im sending mine tomorrow..looking forward to hear from u.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
annemarie91104 said:
@ honeysweetee....im using my old lmo too under same employer...hows yours? just wanna know im sending mine tomorrow..looking forward to hear from u.
I was thinking the same things. I called the CIC Call Centre. They sent an E-mail. Hope it will help you.

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

As a live-in caregiver, if you have been in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver (LCG) program for less than four years and you continue to work for the same employer, you do not need a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Social Development Canada when applying to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need to get:

* a letter from the employer stating that you will continue to be employed on a full-time basis for an additional period of time;
* a copy of a new, or extended, si gned employment contract; and
* for live-in caregivers working in the province of Quebec , a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communauté s c ulturelles.

However, if you have participated in the LCG program for four years, and have already accumulated the minimum required hours of employment to apply for Permanent Residence, and you would like to extend your stay as a worker in Canada, you will need a new LMO to apply for a work permit, even if you are staying with the same employer.

Once you have the necessary documents, you can apply for an exten si on of your Work Permit through the Case Proces si ng Centre in Vegreville, Alberta. This application is available on our Web si te. You can complete the application on-line and print it or print it and fill it out by hand.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no need to include your old LMO but you need a new Job Contract and a Job Offer Letter from your employer that they still need your service. Hope it helps. I got my new WP ext without new LMO. Good luck.

annemarie91104 said:

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
hi everyone,

i also have a question about applying for new LMO's. im currently a nanny in calgary but not under the LCP. i'm almost working for a yr as a nanny and i want to re-apply for a work permit (under LCP) thru the visa ofc in Buffalo. do i need a new LMO if i'm going to work for the same employer (from a non-LCP to an LCP permit).

please enlighten me! ;)

thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maricar.lala said:
hi everyone,

i also have a question about applying for new LMO's. im currently a nanny in calgary but not under the LCP. i'm almost working for a yr as a nanny and i want to re-apply for a work permit (under LCP) thru the visa ofc in Buffalo. do i need a new LMO if i'm going to work for the same employer (from a non-LCP to an LCP permit).

please enlighten me! ;)

thanks!
Yes, you need a new one

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need to attach a new LMO for when you apply for your WP/visa at Buffalo. Vegreville? Probably not but you won't be under the LCP.

maricar.lala said:
thanks! so the same employer shall apply for a new one eventhough my current LMO is good for 3yrs?

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
hi PMM, yes i know the LMO is valid only for 6mos. i was just wondering since my current LMO was approved for 3yrs and im still with the same employer. but everything should be clear now. it is as if im submitting an initial application that's why i need a new LMO for the visa/WP appliation under LCP. thanks for all the info- PMM and job seeker! ;)

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
hi all, kindly help ,

i hav job offer approved service canada and applied for immigration. is it possible that i can join my job before immigration i means how i can get work permit with same job offer and can enter canada.
saleem

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

msaleem216 said:
hi all, kindly help ,

i hav job offer approved service canada and applied for immigration. is it possible that i can join my job before immigration i means how i can get work permit with same job offer and can enter canada.
saleem
I assume you have an AEO to support your Immigration application. So unless you have an LMO you can't apply for a work permit.