+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I lose my provincial nomination if my express entry profile became ineligible

mik01

Nov 10, 2015
I got the provincial nomination from Ontario, and a week after, my english results expired. So I re-did the test.
While waiting for the results, my express entry profile became ineligible. I received my results from the new test, and I am trying to update the express entry profile but I can't!!!

I saw from other forums that I have to create a new express entry profile. What would happen to my provincial nomination in that case? Do I lose it?

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
In case you make a new profile you wud need to inform Ontario pnp office and let them know your situation along with why the existing profile became ineligible. Based on the information you provide they wud access and they should be able to transfer the nomination to ur new profile. You can email them and confirm the same as well.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mik01 said:
I got the provincial nomination from Ontario, and a week after, my english results expired. So I re-did the test.
While waiting for the results, my express entry profile became ineligible. I received my results from the new test, and I am trying to update the express entry profile but I can't!!!

I saw from other forums that I have to create a new express entry profile. What would happen to my provincial nomination in that case? Do I lose it?
You have to send them an email and let them know you had to create a new profile. They will want to know what has changed. If with the new english test results you're still eligible for OINP, they will transfer your nomination to a new profile. It takes some time though. Act quick before December comes, cause they won't work in Dec & Jan.

Good luck.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
If I understand correctly... You have 6 months from the date of the nomination to create an express entry. If 6 months has elapsed then you will have to contact the province and territory to get an extension. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RKCK said:
If I understand correctly... You have 6 months from the date of the nomination to create an express entry. If 6 months has elapsed then you will have to contact the province and territory to get an extension. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
I am confident about the former part but not sure about your later statement about extension. We will have to wait and see if someone in this situation was successful in getting the extension beyond 6 months.

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
mik01 said:

i dont know exactly if this helps you much, but when i was creating my profile due to some in correct answers my profile was ineligible for the first time and i created the second one, which i am using now. so i have the same express entry profile number for both. so i am assuming if profile becomes ineligible and if you create new one you will get same express entry profile number but i am not sure if you get back the nomination on this new profile or need to contact ontario pnp.

i have a quick question for myself, i just got pnp yesterday and i did accept it, when i went to edit section under application to edit that i have a provincial certificate as "YES" i am unable to do so and i did not get 600 points yet. does it take time to get 600 points or is this an error as i am unable to edit the option to "yes" from "no" under application where it asks for if you have a provincial certificate and i am not getting points due to this? confused.. if the second question is right then i may need to end up withdrawing profile and create new one.please help. thanks.

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
bindas123 said:
i dont know exactly if this helps you much, but when i was creating my profile due to some in correct answers my profile was ineligible for the first time and i created the second one, which i am using now. so i have the same express entry profile number for both. so i am assuming if profile becomes ineligible and if you create new one you will get same express entry profile number but i am not sure if you get back the nomination on this new profile or need to contact ontario pnp.

i have a quick question for myself, i just got pnp yesterday and i did accept it, when i went to edit section under application to edit that i have a provincial certificate as "YES" i am unable to do so and i did not get 600 points yet. does it take time to get 600 points or is this an error as i am unable to edit the option to "yes" from "no" under application where it asks for if you have a provincial certificate and i am not getting points due to this? confused.. if the second question is right then i may need to end up withdrawing profile and create new one.please help. thanks.

nvm, i got points on 1040 right now, looks like it took 24 hours to update. Thanks guys.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mik01 said:

If its only because of language what I would suggest is that don't create new one instead try to keep old one as long as you meet the language requirements for the programme you got invited or the programme under which you are going to apply.....
So, write to OINP explaining about your case and providing new IELTS ( if eligible) and I am sure there won't be any problem.
If any further help or suggestion needed please feel free to ask/contact , I"ll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.
Hope that helps...Good luck!!
Regards.
Am

TheKK

Oct 14, 2016
bindas123 said:
nvm, i got points on 1040 right now, looks like it took 24 hours to update. Thanks guys.
how did this happen?
Did you email PNP or you just got the points after creating your new profile?
Please reply?