+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I hire an agent/lawyer 5months into my application being processed?

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Urgently needed advise from everyone.

I have not received any updates for my file since review started on 13 April. I am just literally waiting for any more ADR or PPR. But unfortunately nothing at all despite calling IRCC and raising multiple webforms.

Would it be of any help if I ask for an agent or lawyers assistance to follow up with my application? Will they be of any help? Would they have an impact in expediting or receiving positive result or approval?

Or do I just wait for the result since I already applied DIY and I’ll be on the 5th month since I applied.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I have not received any updates for my file since review started on 13 April. I am just literally waiting for any more ADR or PPR. But unfortunately nothing at all despite calling IRCC and raising multiple webforms.

Would it be of any help if I ask for an agent or lawyers assistance to follow up with my application? Will they be of any help? Would they have an impact in expediting or receiving positive result or approval?

Or do I just wait for the result since I already applied DIY and I’ll be on the 5th month since I applied.
You haven't provided any details of what you applied for or where you have applied from so hard to know what to say.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
You haven't provided any details of what you applied for or where you have applied from so hard to know what to say.
Applied for LMIA Exempt Work Permit with Work Permit Support Letter from my SINP nomination. Basically bith WP and PR are currently in process.
Work Permit is TEER 2 42202 NOC B 4214 applied from and currently residing in Singapore and a citizen of Philippines. Expected date of employment is September 2023.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied for LMIA Exempt Work Permit with Work Permit Support Letter from my SINP nomination. Basically bith WP and PR are currently in process.
Work Permit is TEER 2 42202 NOC B 4214 applied from and currently residing in Singapore and a citizen of Philippines. Expected date of employment is September 2023.
Processing decisions aren’t made based on the date you wish to be employed. what kind of work history and education do you have in the field of ECE?

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in ECE (cum laude) in Philippines and have been in this industry as Early Childhood Educator for 8 years here in Singapore.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Lawyers cannot expedite a process with IRCC. You just need patience, that all
Repeated web-form tickets to IRCC does not help either.