+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to submit a certified copy of educational certificates for Oinp ?

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
The Oinp checklist includes a mandatory box to be ticked for submission of certified true copies of educational certificates. I already have a WES report. Am I supposed to certify all the certificates for this purpose or is it enough to submit my ECA form along with non certified copies of my educational certificates? If I am doing the latter, am I expected to tick the box of the certified true copies. Please help. Asivad, Rafzy, rajanvnv, rajkamalmohanram..

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dentcan said:
Hi
The Oinp checklist includes a mandatory box to be ticked for submission of certified true copies of educational certificates. I already have a WES report. Am I supposed to certify all the certificates for this purpose or is it enough to submit my ECA form along with non certified copies of my educational certificates? If I am doing the latter, am I expected to tick the box of the certified true copies. Please help. Asivad, Rafzy, rajanvnv, rajkamalmohanram..
Get them notarised and send them along with copy of wes report.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes. You have to check the certified true copies box.

Get your BSC and MSC +PHD (If Applicable) transcripts and degree certificates notarized and send them along with your WES report copy.

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Stanger, rafzy

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Certified copies are only required for those with Canadian education.

If your education is outside of Canada, a copy of your WES certificate is enough, or you may also choose to send plain copies of your degree and transcripts (not required).

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:

If your education is outside of Canada, a copy of your WES certificate is enough, or you may also choose to send plain copies of your degree and transcripts (not required).
I agree but sending out notarised copies is always a safe bet. I sent them notarised ones but i am sure many sent the plain copies. Both should work i suppose.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
bellaluna said:

I agree but i suggested him to send notarized copies just to be on safe side ... Otherwise, OINP just only accepts WES certificate copy and dont even ask for any educational documents.

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your education is outside of Canada then only ECA is required, plus maybe copies of your certificates, however the question here is, since we are not submitting certified copies, what to do about the check box as it seems to be mandatory with an * at the end.

I submitted ECA and copies of my certificates but did not tick the check box however ticked the ECA option.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Should I provide ECA only for the highest degree or all degrees? I only have my ECA for my masters which is my highest degree. Should I also attach the certified copy of my bachelor's, which I have no ECA report for. Should I mention my all educational credentials, not regarding if I have ECA or not? Please advise!
Thanks.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgman said:
Hi,
Should I provide ECA only for the highest degree or all degrees? I only have my ECA for my masters which is my highest degree. Should I also attach the certified copy of my bachelor's, which I have no ECA report for. Should I mention my all educational credentials, not regarding if I have ECA or not? Please advise!
Thanks.
Only for highest. Leave the rest out.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. But not mentioning all educational institutions can be considered as misrepresentation?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgman said:
Thanks for the response. But not mentioning all educational institutions can be considered as misrepresentation?
No it wont be.

Mention it in your personal history.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I need to provide ECA for the highest degree along with the certified copy and mention all other educational credentials in personal history. Is it correct? Also, one more thing: should I mention period at language school approximately 15 months. (no diploma)
Thanks.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tgman said:
So, I need to provide ECA for the highest degree along with the certified copy and mention all other educational credentials in personal history. Is it correct? Also, one more thing: should I mention period at language school approximately 15 months. (no diploma)
Thanks.
Mention masters in education history. You will asked to upload documents. You can upload masters degree, marksheets, eca, transcripts etc. No need to attach other education certificates.

Mention other education in personal history.

Yes you can mention that in personal history aswell.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot! Appreciate it!