+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to send my T4 and NOA of the year 2013 before request?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I submitted my files in this January, I did not receive my T4 of the year 2013 yet. Now, I know that my application is waiting for the second VO to review. Do you think it is the right time for me to send my tax materials of the year 2013 to CIC during this new waiting period? Do you think the VO must request my T4 and NOA of the year 2013 or it is only an option? Thanks!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhyyym said:
When I submitted my files in this January, I did not receive my T4 of the year 2013 yet. Now, I know that my application is waiting for the second VO to review. Do you think it is the right time for me to send my tax materials of the year 2013 to CIC during this new waiting period? Do you think the VO must request my T4 and NOA of the year 2013 or it is only an option? Thanks!
So did you send anything as proof that you've been paying tax? NOA ?

If I were you - I would send it in and just ask CIC to update your file with your new T4

They might request it - that's why it's suggested to send T4 or NOA from earlier year (2012 in your example) with a note explaining that you haven't received them yet BUT you will send them a copy once you get them.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
If you have it , What you are waiting for ? Send it coz they have to see your NOA and T4 for 2013 if it falls in your eligibility period.

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
Yes Buddy. Send it ASAP.... :'(

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lhyyym said:

Yes, send it ASAP and detail why you delay it .

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, friends. However, I just updated my employment letter last week. Can I communicate with CIC so frequently?

hurd

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Text in bold in the AOR email: Please do not forward additional documents unless requested.

I friend of mine was requested these documents, he sent them, and then got MR.
Now the question is, should we do what the email says and wait for the VO to ask for whatever documents he/she might need, or shouldn't we? I pick the former.

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
WAIT FOR THEM TO REQUEST IT! Then you will be able to reply DIRECTLY to the email with a scanned copy, and they will get it faster. Sometimes they don't even request NOAs, just the T4s. So wait and see what they need from you. They will ask you for it when and if they need it.

This is coming from someone who was in your same situation.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, friends. I guess it is also a good idea to wait for the request since I could know when my files are being processing.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, it is better for me to wait for their request. Actually, our VOs tend to be confused. Thus, let them deal with the files step by step. ;)

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
lhyyym said:
In my opinion, it is better for me to wait for their request. Actually, our VOs tend to be confused. Thus, let them deal with the files step by step. ;)
No bro , please send it , to avoid more delay.
Infact many of us did .
I also did and got confirmation they received and it is attached to my file (4 month ago)

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
I contacted immigration some time ago regarding this problem and I was told not to send any document without request. In my situation my NOA is only for 2,5 months as I started my job in October year. I submitted all pay stabs I received during that year as well as letter of employment. I thought I will send new T4 in February next year, but after talking with CIC I decided not to. I will just wait until they request additional info.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Officially yes I might agree don't send document until requested , Like in case Police certificates which are not needed at the time of application and can be sent once requested as Criminality determination would make an impact once eligibility is passed which happens quite later (7-8 months) , having said that Applicant can wait for request.

Whereas T4 and NOA are critical docs to determine Eligibility and Later Triggers Medicals and RPRF , So according to my personal experience send them for financial year whenever you have it ASAP , coz your application would subsequently put on hold until its received by CIC .

There are chances that VO would hold eligibility determination to an ambiguous period . Who knows . Don't totally rely on CIC if you want to fasten up the process of your application . I got my T4 and NOA quite late for 2013 , I sent it immediately once i received it and I see in GCMS notes its a critical doc that made my eligibility passed. Remember there is Upfront medicals and Upfront RPRF too that is also done without CIC requesting it .

Rest when you contact immigration they are call center people not actual VOs they can't impact the application in any way . So what they say is not hard and fast rule .(Wild Guess) May be these guys have to review any communication from applicant which is like extra work and they purposefully recommend to send the documents when requested.

Rest all people are here are quite intelligent and mostly professionals and can judge what is correct and wrong , I am giving my input by looking into things my way.

Conclusion is YES no unnecessary contacts is required but YES also something need to be sent to CIC without they requesting it.

Good Luck

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, there is something strange with my T4. I worked for 6 months in 2013 which were within my 12-month work period. And then, I left my Canadian company and moved to the USA to work at the beginning of July. However, my previous boss still paid me for the whole month of July (I guess he forgot to stop my salary). As a result, there is 7-month salary in my T4 while I worked for only 6 months (my work permit did not expire before September).

Thus, I guess I have to explain the case to VO. If I submit my T4 and the explanation letter in advance, I am afraid I will let him confused. Thus, I tend to wait for his request since at that time he might only focus on my salary matter, and that will be beneficial for him to understand my situation.

What do you think?