+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to pay duty in my used designer items like bags and shoes when moving to Canada on PR

Confused immigrant

Aug 24, 2022
Sir Lanka
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
I am very confused I need help. I have a lot of 40 shoes and about 10 bags they are designer. I bought a while ago and I use them as well. So they are my personal items. Do I have to pay duty on these items when I am traveling with them to Canada to settle as a new immigrants on a PR?

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
no, as long you declare it (including price) it in your Good Accompanying Declaration Sheet. Also make sure bags / Shoes are not replica as it may cause you trouble

Reactions: Ponga

Confused immigrant

Aug 24, 2022
Sir Lanka
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
no, as long you declare it (including price) it in your Good Accompanying Declaration Sheet. Also make sure bags / Shoes are not replica as it may cause you trouble

I have a some replica shoes there as well I bought them from Thailand and Turkey. Can I travel with them. How will they know if some of them are real and others are not?

Confused immigrant

Aug 24, 2022
Sir Lanka
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
I have a some replica shoes there as well I bought them from Thailand and Turkey. Can I travel with them. How will they know if some of them are real and others are not?

Super confused. Some friends have traveled with high end designers and some have traveled with replica bag and shoes and they said they didn't face any problems no one checked their bags. But if they do stop and say to check your bag upon immigration would it be an issue if there are replica shoes or bags? I mean to say, how will they know? Please help

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remember, you will be `importing' these fake shoes and bags into Canada, not just bringing them to Canada as a visitor (which is bad enough). CBSA is likely very good at spotting counterfeit items like these, so don't be surprised if they are seized. You probably wouldn't be in too much trouble, since you could always say that you didn't know they were fake. :rolleyes: