+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i have to get a Airport transit visa to travel via Paris (CDG) to India? (Need to know as soon as possible)

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
Being an Indian Passport holder, with a Canadian Permanent resident status, do I have to get a Airport transit visa if I travel to India via Paris (CDG airport). Recently this route costs cheaper and would like to know the current transit visa requirements. If someone has idea about this or recently taken this route, please suggest.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Being an Indian Passport holder, with a Canadian Permanent resident status, do I have to get a Airport transit visa if I travel to India via Paris (CDG airport). Recently this route costs cheaper and would like to know the current transit visa requirements. If someone has idea about this or recently taken this route, please suggest.
You should check with airline but most international transfers at CDG (not switching airports) can be done by remaining in international zone and never passing through customs or passport control. (Note of course if any part of trip requires entering a Schengen country will have to clear passport control.)

(This was case before COVID and without info on testing and vaccine requirements for all relevant countries.)

Reactions: Navny

Navny

Jan 27, 2021
@armoured thanks for your reply. I'm checking with the airline today, meanwhile if you have any online official statement about the information you believe, kindly share. Thanks again.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured thanks for your reply. I'm checking with the airline today, meanwhile if you have any online official statement about the information you believe, kindly share. Thanks again.
I do not have online references but have transferred through CDG many times. Even different terminals there are connected by means that keep passengers in international zone. I've not travelled through there during COVID though.

Reactions: Navny