+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to do all the notary again for these documents? [Urgent]

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
One year ago, when I applied for Study Permit and come to Canada I have all my personal documents notarized, including my birth certificates, my education diploma, etc. Now I am applying federal skilled worker and need to submit those documents again. I know for police clearance it has to be issued within 3 month prior to your submission, however, how about other documents, such as birth certificate? Do I need to ask my relatives in my home country to do all the paper work again, or I can submit what I used one year ago? Many thanks!!!

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
notarize it again.
Dear Dr.Hasib,
I'm not trying to challenge you, but you know, having all those documents notarized again is a lot more extra costs and waiting times. And it seems CIC only explicitly indicates that police certificates are only good for 3 month, I didn't find anywhere where it says other documents are also required to be "fresh". Is your suggestion derived out of your extensive experience, or is it explicitly indicated somewhere by CIC?
Due to its importance, I really appreciate it if you could explain a bit more. Thanks.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaotianwu said:
Dear Dr.Hasib,
I'm not trying to challenge you, but you know, having all those documents notarized again is a lot more extra costs and waiting times. And it seems CIC only explicitly indicates that police certificates are only good for 3 month, I didn't find anywhere where it says other documents are also required to be "fresh". Is your suggestion derived out of your extensive experience, or is it explicitly indicated somewhere by CIC?
Due to its importance, I really appreciate it if you could explain a bit more. Thanks.
if you have photocopis that are notarised yes you can use them again. don't seem to be any problem. fresh / old notarisation is not mentioned any where.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
yes, if u have notarized copies already why couldn't you use the same?
All that it says that the original of the copy exists.
unless of course the copies are too old and soiled.

this is my opinion.
cprak0

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
cprak0 said:
yes, if u have notarized copies already why couldn't you use the same?
All that it says that the original of the copy exists.
unless of course the copies are too old and soiled.

this is my opinion.
cprak0
Thanks. And I want to clarify this, only for police clearance that you need to submit the original documents, other than that everything is photocopies, right?

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
yes, that's tight. But you could send original transcripts or notarized versions as well.

cprak0