+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to come back to my country?

golsin

Apr 25, 2013
Hi Every one , please help!
I sent my permanent resident within canada- spouse + open work permit to CIC two weeks ago via express Embarrassed and neither me nor post cant track it where it is (I still wait for a reply from canada post)! CIC also told me two weeks is very soon to verfiy if we received the packet or not!
Now I dont know if they have my packet , Moreover, my visitor visa is finished in one month!
Do you have any solution for me? Do I have to come back to Germany? How long does it take for CIC to inform me if my application is in process and I can stay?
Thank you

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
golsin said:
Hi Every one , please help!
I sent my permanent resident within canada- spouse + open work permit to CIC two weeks ago via express Embarrassed and neither me nor post cant track it where it is (I still wait for a reply from canada post)! CIC also told me two weeks is very soon to verfiy if we received the packet or not!
Now I dont know if they have my packet , Moreover, my visitor visa is finished in one month!
Do you have any solution for me? Do I have to come back to Germany? How long does it take for CIC to inform me if my application is in process and I can stay?
Thank you
You can apply for extension to stay in canada. In case of Pr applicants extensions are rarely denied. You can apply for extension online and attach the payment receipt of your pr application as proof. You will easily get 6 months extension and during that period hopefully u will get your aor. The extension application must be received by cic before your current status expires.
Remember you have to stay with a legal status through out the duration of your pr applications process. Many people apply for extension on the base that they are willing to or ready to apply for a pr application and they get extensions approved. in your case you have already payed the or fee so it is easy and simple for you.
Hope it helps

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
As long as you had legal status at the time you submitted the application (and it actually was delivered to the correct CIC address), and you included OWP app with the PR app, then the OWP app gives you "implied" status for the duration of your PR processing so there is no need to waste money applying for extensions every 6 months.

golsin

Apr 25, 2013
Canadian post called me, they have no idea what happend to my packet!!!!
How can I be sure if my packet has been already received by CIC?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Rob_TO said:
As long as you had legal status at the time you submitted the application (and it actually was delivered to the correct CIC address), and you included OWP app with the PR app, then the OWP app gives you "implied" status for the duration of your PR processing so there is no need to waste money applying for extensions every 6 months.
If the applicant is hoping to receive his/her OWP via the pilot program he/she will need to keep status in order to participate in this program.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Alurra71 said:
If the applicant is hoping to receive his/her OWP via the pilot program he/she will need to keep status in order to participate in this program.
As long as the OWP app was submitted while they had legal status as visitor, student or worker, then they would have implied status indefinitely. Implied status is legal status.