+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to be in person in NY to apply for the work permit?

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Dear Friends

I have a job offer in Toronto with my current company, an US based MNC. At present I am working in UAE and my nationality is Indian.

Since the work permit waiting times in Abu Dhabi is 7 months, my company is planning to apply work permit through New York Canadian visa office which is 2 months. My company already has appointed a immigration lawyer in Toronto for the work permit.

In case I have to be in person at NY does my wife also need to accompany me to NY?

Thank you in advance.

jgd

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Current in NY is also 4+ months now..

For applying WP you don't need to be in person u can do online and or through mail. Not sure u are eligible to apply through NY as I guess u need to be in U.S for more than a year to apply (please confirm)

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
jgd said:
Dear Friends

I have a job offer in Toronto with my current company, an US based MNC. At present I am working in UAE and my nationality is Indian.

Since the work permit waiting times in Abu Dhabi is 7 months, my company is planning to apply work permit through New York Canadian visa office which is 2 months. My company already has appointed a immigration lawyer in Toronto for the work permit.

In case I have to be in person at NY does my wife also need to accompany me to NY?

Thank you in advance.

jgd
Dear jgd

Did you find out how to submit your application? Are you in the US or Canada now? I am going to submit my application for work permit to a consulate in NY soon from Canada. But I still figure out I am eligible to submit it by mail from Canada or not.
Thank you very much!

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
I am in UAE now as we are residents.

Our Toronto lawyer(hired by my company) believes we can apply from NYC.
The problem is that my wife doesn't have US visa and last year her visit visa was rejected in Mumbai. So I am worried if applying through NYC is going to work out.

Can we apply from Canada(inside Canada processing times are shorter) by reaching there on tourist visa first?

Thanks

jgd!

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
jgd said:
I am in UAE now as we are residents.

Our Toronto lawyer(hired by my company) believes we can apply from NYC.
The problem is that my wife doesn't have US visa and last year her visit visa was rejected in Mumbai. So I am worried if applying through NYC is going to work out.

Can we apply from Canada(inside Canada processing times are shorter) by reaching there on tourist visa first?

Thanks

jgd!
I am afraid I don't know the answer about your question. You mean you are in UAE now? If so, I THINK people have to apply any kind of visa at their country or a country where you are stay lawfully??