+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to be in Full Time Status during summer?

CK1234567890

Sep 7, 2011

In order to be considered for PGWP, I understand I have to maintain a full time status. What about during summer? Do I still need to take courses?

How does one get rejected from PGWP program? Anybody had a difficult time with this issue?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CK1234567890 said:

In order to be considered for PGWP, I understand I have to maintain a full time status. What about during summer? Do I still need to take courses?

How does one get rejected from PGWP program? Anybody had a difficult time with this issue?

Hi,

I quote, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

• You must have studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.

• If in your last semester of study you are registered as a part-time student because you only need a few courses to graduate, but you have been studying full-time during your studies, you are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.

CK1234567890

Sep 7, 2011
Yea. I know THAT.

You didn't answer my question, though.

What does "You must have studied full time in Canada?" mean?

Maybe, it is just a cultural thing but I am so not clear on this. How long is full time? Non stop or break in between? Because for me, full time sounds like no break in summer but I don't know in "Canadian" context.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CK1234567890 said:
Yea. I know THAT.

You didn't answer my question, though.

What does "You must have studied full time in Canada?" mean?

Maybe, it is just a cultural thing but I am so not clear on this. How long is full time? Non stop or break in between? Because for me, full time sounds like no break in summer but I don't know in "Canadian" context.

Hi,

The term Full Time study is not a “Cultural thing” in Canada. You must register for a minimum number of courses to come under the Full Term status. The minimum number of courses depends on your total credit hours/units.

There are some academic breaks during which no need to get registered for any course. (again check your program and it’s requirement, might be there are some mandatory courses for summer term). Even your school is under legal obligation to get you registered only Full Time. International students can’t continue as a Part Time (except the last semester where only few courses left to complete your program) and for your possible PGWP, the Full Time status is MUST.

CK1234567890

Sep 7, 2011
I am registered 24 credit hours. My university says that's full time.

Would this include Summer, then?

Thank you for replying by the way.