+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have any chance? Please Help

mehra_avi

Jun 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am applying under the Express entry system. I checked my points. I kinda made a rough calculation as I am not sure about few things on which I needed some help too.

Firstly, I how do I calculate my English proficiency score.My scores are as follows:
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 7.5
Writing- 6.5
Speaking - 7
Overall my score is 7.5
I am trying to figure out what will be my English scores. I abruptly took it as CLB9 and took my point as 31.
Can you please confirm if thats ok?

Secondly, I have no canadian work ex , so I guess I loose out on those 80 points.
Under the transferablity points , I am sorta confused how to calculate my points . I have a masters degree in Finance
so I figured I need to add my point under "With good official language proficiency and a post-secondary degree" in that I took mine as 50

Is this correct?Please confirm.

Thirdly, I have foreign work ex of 3 years. So here I took "With good official language proficiency and foreign work experience and Points for foreign work experience + CLB 9 or more on all four first OL abilities" I took my points as 50.
Is this correct?Please confirm.

Fourthly ,what is Certificate of qualification (trade occupations)?
How can one claim these.

In case I calculate my points , they are coming to be around 476 . Looking at these numbers do you think I stand any chance to get into the pool.
Any if you can please suggest ways as to how can I improve my chances and points.

Please Help
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try this tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

mehra_avi

Jun 24, 2013
Hemi427 said:
Try this tool

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Thank you so much , so here the points which have got calculated are 414 . I believe things dont look bright for me

Thanks again

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehra_avi said:
Thank you so much , so here the points which have got calculated are 414 . I believe things dont look bright for me

Thanks again
Don't worry mate, you never know!!! Hope for the best and try to pull in some more points as I have a reason to believe that once the score falls between 400-450 category, every point will make a difference.

mehra_avi

Jun 24, 2013
Hey Guys,

I submitted my EE application and as stated in the above post , my score was 414 .
In my application its given that I qualify for FSW but in the application my ITS status is No invitation this time . I guess i need to wait for the score to go down.
But is it possible for the apply for a provincial programme to increase my chances. And how do I apply for the same.

Any if anyone can suggest me what are the other ways to increase my points.

Any reply will be highly highly appreciated.

maya_india

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
To increase points do eca , get job offer from ur employer if u are in Canada with valid lmia. For PNP also u need valid job offer from the province..and both are not easy to get .... So keep waiting for decreasing the score....

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I think you have preety good score and good chance of getting ITA in coming few months but its better that you get your IELTS score and ECA before that

Lovemi

Feb 4, 2015
Hey expert,

I think am in the class of maya, my score is 377 and all effort to increase without LMIA and PNP is fruitless.

What will be exper advice.

I will appreciate response please