+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have an AOR?

kjkinto

May 4, 2018
Toronto
My Inland application to sponsor my wife and step-daughter was received in Mississauga July 10th, 2018. I received an Email confirming my application to Sponsor my (Inland) wife on August 14th. It lists both her and her (Outland) daughter by name.

However, my wife has received nothing.

I cannot link her application to the file number provided in the letter from them.

Questions:
  1. Is it normal that she didn't get an AOR?
  2. How long do you need to wait before the document arrives that can be used for an OHIP application?
  3. What can we do to enroll my wife in ESL free classes through TDSB?
  4. Will my wife have a different file number that can be linked?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
That email should be the AOR. Does it contain an application number and a UCI?

Usually it's the last bit where it asks you the number of people in the application. If you're sponsoring the two of them, instead of two, you should put three there because it counts you as well in that question.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Yes congrats, you've received the AOR. I(sponsor) also only got the email. My husband(applicant) didn't receive it. Though there are people who have said the applicant got the email or both got emails, the main thing is that an email was received. So you are fine :)

kjkinto

May 4, 2018
Toronto
That email should be the AOR. Does it contain an application number and a UCI?

Usually it's the last bit where it asks you the number of people in the application. If you're sponsoring the two of them, instead of two, you should put three there because it counts you as well in that question.
@csarah15 Thank you. That was very helpful. I linked the application now. Someone should tell them at CIC how to design an input form (be specific to include the sponsor). Thanks again.

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
@csarah15 Thank you. That was very helpful. I linked the application now. Someone should tell them at CIC how to design an input form (be specific to include the sponsor). Thanks again.
You are welcome. But I believe the email did have both our names. It was addressed to me(sponsor) and mentioned my husbands(applicant) name below.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yeah, I also had to come to the forum to be told to include the sponsor, at no point in that question does it ever seem they should be included. They should really revise the forms. But congrats! :)

kjkinto

May 4, 2018
Toronto
So I linked the file. One hurdle overcome.
I still have the OHIP question though...How long do you need to wait before the document arrives that can be used for an OHIP application?