+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO I HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD ? PLEASE HELP.

d09y

Mar 22, 2010
Hello everyone i'm new here and i'm planning to move to canada in september via the BUNAC route but i'm worried my application will be turned down and all hopes lost as i think i might have a criminal record,

roughly 4 years ago i owned a motorbike (125-cc) and was driving it along a cycle track at night when a guy came from an alley on his pedal bike with no brakes and hit me knocking me off my bike and resulting in me braking my leg, the guy was fine, but anyway, i had no license and none of the other things, insurance mot etc, stupid thing i no. so a few months later i received a summons to court which i pled guilty and sent the forms off, i received 6 points no ban on my provisional and a £380 fine, is this classed as a criminal offense and will this hinder my application for a visa to canada ? i've recently sent off for my immigration police check which is required and i've been quite worried that i wont be able to immigrate. Will this show on my police check and if it didn't will i have to declare that i've been arrested on my CIC application ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've heard mixed stories.

Thanks, Kev

Q

Qaxlor

I am not a lawyer and hopefully someone with more experience can give you definitive guidance, but I don't think something like this will be a problem. It probably depends exactly what you pleaded guilty to, but it sounds like you copped to an administrative offense (driving without a license, careless driving), I don't think a single instance of that is something they will deny you for.

You you may have to mention it on the application, specifically if you were arrested, there is a question about that. If you were never arrested, I am not sure if you have to mention it as a "crime", this is where you need the opinion of someone more knowledgeable than I. Personally, I would say yes and explain the whole thing in detail, but hopefully someone else knows for sure.

fattyreflyer

Feb 25, 2010
Melbourne
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive a conviction? If not then although you should certainly declare it, I don't think it should be a huge problem. One way to check would be to get a copy of your driving record from whatever road authority is relevant. At least for your own information, it should be much cheaper and faster than the police record and it should tell you that status of the offense.