+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i get RQ?

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
Hi there

I have my citizenship test in three weeks. I wonder if I get a RQ. During the four years period time, I went to my home country twice. After finishing the first trip, when I return to Canada, the passport officer forgot to put the arrival stamp on my passport. But I do have the departure stamp from my home country. I do have my flight details and ticket numbers. I have my employment records also. In my application, I did give consent to the CIC to collect the history of my entries from CBSA.

Meanwhile, I also applied to CBSA, but not sure that I will get the report before my test. There are no issues with the second trip, as I have both stamps on my passport. Given this scenario, do I get RQ? Can someone help me on this? What records I have to take the test Centre? What explanation I have to provide to convince the officer over there to avoid RQ?

Your help will be appreciated.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Manisha
I dont see any reason you will get a RQ, in worest case you should have the stamps (boarding passes if you have) and CBSA record.
randy

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Can you share your timeline, please?

manisha said:
Hi there

I have my citizenship test in three weeks. I wonder if I get a RQ. During the four years period time, I went to my home country twice. After finishing the first trip, when I return to Canada, the passport officer forgot to put the arrival stamp on my passport. But I do have the departure stamp from my home country. I do have my flight details and ticket numbers. I have my employment records also. In my application, I did give consent to the CIC to collect the history of my entries from CBSA.

Meanwhile, I also applied to CBSA, but not sure that I will get the report before my test. There are no issues with the second trip, as I have both stamps on my passport. Given this scenario, do I get RQ? Can someone help me on this? What records I have to take the test Centre? What explanation I have to provide to convince the officer over there to avoid RQ?

Your help will be appreciated.

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
For me there is no potential risk for RQ in your case. Missing stamp at arrival is very common and if you have departure stamp on your passport from the departed country it will confirm the date and days you stayed out of country. Your current job and job history would be focus of interview officer.
Bring all required documnets mentioned on Test invitation letter also you can take more documnets as an evidence but normally they don't check it.
Most importnat documnets are your PR card,Health card Driving Licence,Passport and landing paper.
Wish you good luck............Go with confidence

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
Thanks for your response Randy and Miltonian. U guys r right. But, I did get a RQ for a different reason. As I immigrated from US, I had a US Visa in my passport. I explained the officer that I did not use it after immigrating to Canada. Despite that, I got the RQ, since the visa was valid during the four years period. Now, the CBSA report also confirmed that I did not travel to US. But I did n’t have the report during the interview. So RQ is the prize. The LESSON LEARNT in a hard way to avoid RQ is, apply for and take the CBSA report and health record with you for the interview
• if you have US Visa in your passport irrespective of whether it is used or not
• if you have traveled to other countries and missing stamps in passport.

BTW, I have 2 questions on how to answer the RQ

While answering the RQ, if the space is not enough, we are asked to give our answers in a separate sheet. My question is, can we type our response in this sheet or we have to only write by using pen.

Another question is, it looks like I have to submit around 500 pages. How u guys organized them before putting inside the envelope. Just send as loose sheets or we have to bind them. If yes, how?

Can anyone help me on this? Your response will be appreciated.

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
To YYZguy 416

My timeline is

Applied: Oct 2012
Book Received: Nov 12
Test: June 12 with RQ after the test

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
manisha said:
Thanks for your response Randy and Miltonian. U guys r right. But, I did get a RQ for a different reason. As I immigrated from US, I had a US Visa in my passport. I explained the officer that I did not use it after immigrating to Canada. Despite that, I got the RQ, since the visa was valid during the four years period. Now, the CBSA report also confirmed that I did not travel to US. But I did n't have the report during the interview. So RQ is the prize. The LESSON LEARNT in a hard way to avoid RQ is, apply for and take the CBSA report and health record with you for the interview
• if you have US Visa in your passport irrespective of whether it is used or not
• if you have traveled to other countries and missing stamps in passport.

BTW, I have 2 questions on how to answer the RQ

While answering the RQ, if the space is not enough, we are asked to give our answers in a separate sheet. My question is, can we type our response in this sheet or we have to only write by using pen.

Another question is, it looks like I have to submit around 500 pages. How u guys organized them before putting inside the envelope. Just send as loose sheets or we have to bind them. If yes, how?

Can anyone help me on this? Your response will be appreciated.
Hi manisha, sorry to hear about you getting an RQ. Can you please tell your local office?

Also, you mentioned that if you had the CBSA report things would have been better. But, you also mention that you provided your consent on the application form for them to fetch the data directly. Do you think the office didn't have it with him/her at that time? Or he/she didn't trust that?

Also, you mention 500 pages worth of documents for RQ. Can you please tell what these pages include? May be this helps my case.

Appreciate your reply.

manisha

Jul 24, 2006
uncanny said:
Hi manisha, sorry to hear about you getting an RQ. Can you please tell your local office?

Also, you mentioned that if you had the CBSA report things would have been better. But, you also mention that you provided your consent on the application form for them to fetch the data directly. Do you think the office didn't have it with him/her at that time? Or he/she didn't trust that?

Also, you mention 500 pages worth of documents for RQ. Can you please tell what these pages include? May be this helps my case.

Appreciate your reply.
I did not see the officer having my CBSA report during interview.
For the details of the docs look at the web link given to u by elieenf

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
manisha said:
I did not see the officer having my CBSA report during interview.
For the details of the docs look at the web link given to u by elieenf
Hey manisha,

Thanks for replying.

You seem to be ignoring the question posed by me and several others of mentioning your local office . To rest your apprehensions (if that is the reason) there is no traceable information from your nick name and local office. However, if you do let us know it will really help me and other people to determine what offices are processing quick and where they are actually not reviewing the CBSA report. Rest is up to you.

Thanks