+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i get points for foreign education?

abdullahishaq

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi all,

As you might have seen my other post that i got refused due to not providing any college transcripts related to the foreign work experience i had for 1 year and was claiming 38 points

Since, i dont know whether it would get approved if i submit my same application with the transcripts - (i am thinking to not claim those 38 points this time)

But i do want to evaluate my secondary and high school graduation which i had back home

I did not knew that additional points could be awarded if they are evaluated thorough a designated place

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My profile
Year 10 secondary school - Pakistan
Year 12 intermediate college - Pakistan
2 years post secondary diploma - Canada i already got 15 points for that

Would i get some extra points if i have my year 10 and 12 evaluated?

Response is much appreciated

Thanks all

abdullahishaq

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Education
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But you can earn points for your education under Express Entry, if:

• you went to school in Canada, and have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
  • you have foreign education, and you have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency showing that your foreign education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
    • secondary (high school) or
    • post-secondary school
You'll only benefit from getting an ECA if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian high school diploma or greater.