+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I eligible for work?

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am here as a student and got PGWP which was expired so I apply for an extension under the new public policy (18 months), on this implied status do I eligible for work?
Thank you for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
I am here as a student and got PGWP which was expired so I apply for an extension under the new public policy (18 months), on this implied status do I eligible for work?
Thank you for your help.
Did you hold a valid work permit at the time you applied for the PGWP extension under the new public policy?

If so, then you can work. If not, then you can't.

Mrs. Patel

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone
I just got My PGWP extension under the new public policy(18 months), parallel I applied for my husbands work permit too and he got refusal because I didn't provide my job offer letter and I fail to explain I do have work experience NOC O, A, B category job. (They didn't ask me to attach a job letter) now they want me to reapply with this work offer letter but due to pregnancy I am not working, but I do have 1 year of NOC B-level work experience, and based on that I also got my ITA.
My question is do I have to reapply for my husband's work permit with an old experience letter and do I have to apply bridge work permit based on my ITA, where he's already in as dependent.
please give me some suggestion
Thank you in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone
I just got My PGWP extension under the new public policy(18 months), parallel I applied for my husbands work permit too and he got refusal because I didn't provide my job offer letter and I fail to explain I do have work experience NOC O, A, B category job. (They didn't ask me to attach a job letter) now they want me to reapply with this work offer letter but due to pregnancy I am not working, but I do have 1 year of NOC B-level work experience, and based on that I also got my ITA.
My question is do I have to reapply for my husband's work permit with an old experience letter and do I have to apply bridge work permit based on my ITA, where he's already in as dependent.
please give me some suggestion
Thank you in advance
1. As you are not working, IMHO your spouse is not eligible for a SOWP.
2. You can only apply for a bridge work permit if your present work permit is expiring within 4 months, which doesn't appear to be the case if you renewed your PGWP.