+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I also need to send all SUPPORTING documents directly to CIO?

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
I know that from June 26, 2010 you have to send all application documents directly to CIO instead of local visa office. However, does this include some discretionary/supporting documents? For instance, I want to include some publications that can support my case as strong evidence of my employment experience. This is not listed in the official checklist. The publications are heavy and it would be much more convenient if I can send them directly to my home country's visa office, rather than having to send it over to Canada. Anyone has any similar situation? Please share your opinion or experience. Many thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Think about it from the perspective of the Officer who will review your application in Nova Scotia.....would the minimum package convince him/her of your work experience? Why not? Would that Officer wish to read through a huge package of material? Would every page be necessary? If you think your application would benefit from a bit of additional backup then send it, but make sure you condense it to the minimum so the Officer doesn't feel overwhelmed and push it aside. The decision about whether or not you proceed to the VO stage will be made at CIO, so any additional data would have to be included in the initial application. Just my thoughts....good luck on your decision and your application!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zhaotianwu said:
I know that from June 26, 2010 you have to send all application documents directly to CIO instead of local visa office. However, does this include some discretionary/supporting documents? For instance, I want to include some publications that can support my case as strong evidence of my employment experience. This is not listed in the official checklist. The publications are heavy and it would be much more convenient if I can send them directly to my home country's visa office, rather than having to send it over to Canada. Anyone has any similar situation? Please share your opinion or experience. Many thanks!
sending publications would not be the great idea. strong evidence of employment should be:
Contract letter
Ref. letter from employer/supervisor
Payslips (optional)
Tax return(if self employed)
Suppose you are a Doctor and you have some publications of your own which you are gonna send to CIO/VO. case officers have no idea about medical science so it is obvious that they will never understand those medical jurgons and eventually they might face difficulty in finding your duties that u have performed.

Regards,
Dr.Hasib

hariranjith

Nov 18, 2010
malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
PER on 22/3/2011 2AOR 14 /4/11
File Transfer...
9/4/11
Med's Request
7/12/2011
Med's Done....
26/12/2011
Passport Req..
7/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
17/5/2012
hi hasib
my husband is the primary applicant . he had applied in 2004 from new delhi visa office.still no sign of medicals so we decided to reapply.
in background declaration form he reported about that
i have one doubt when i fill background declarartion whether i have to report that or not
b.cos he listed me as a dependent spouse back then
confused
pls reply

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hariranjith said:
hi hasib
my husband is the primary applicant . he had applied in 2004 from new delhi visa office.still no sign of medicals so we decided to reapply.
in background declaration form he reported about that
i have one doubt when i fill background declarartion whether i have to report that or not
b.cos he listed me as a dependent spouse back then
confused
pls reply
pls provide the question number,so that i can check

hariranjith

Nov 18, 2010
malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
9/4/11
Med's Request
7/12/2011
Med's Done....
26/12/2011
Passport Req..
7/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
17/5/2012
hello dr.hasib

shedule1 background/declaration question 9
9.Have you or if you are the principal applicant,any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever
previously sought refugee status incanada or applied for a canadian immigrant or permanant residence visa
or visitore visa

my husband applied once so he is giving details of the old application
what should i do

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hariranjith said:
hello dr.hasib

shedule1 background/declaration question 9
9.Have you or if you are the principal applicant,any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever
previously sought refugee status incanada or applied for a canadian immigrant or permanant residence visa
or visitore visa

my husband applied once so he is giving details of the old application
what should i do
you do the same...
Then in provide details section write down "applied as Spouse for .permanent residence in canada(FSW1/.....)..on.....

hariranjith

Nov 18, 2010
malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
9/4/11
Med's Request
7/12/2011
Med's Done....
26/12/2011
Passport Req..
7/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
17/5/2012
THANK YOU DR.HASIB
YOU ARE DOING A WONDERFUL JOB

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
sending publications would not be the great idea. strong evidence of employment should be:
Contract letter
Ref. letter from employer/supervisor
Payslips (optional)
Tax return(if self employed)
Suppose you are a Doctor and you have some publications of your own which you are gonna send to CIO/VO. case officers have no idea about medical science so it is obvious that they will never understand those medical jurgons and eventually they might face difficulty in finding your duties that u have performed.

Regards,
Dr.Hasib
Thank you Dr.Hasib. Your example of medical science is very clear. But in my case I am an EDITOR. I have contract that shows the duration of 3 year and a half, but in reality the last half of my 4 years experience didn't show in the contract, it was a de facto employment relationship. And my name continue to appear in my journal until the last month I quit the job. In that case do you think publication is a strong evidence?

By the way, when I quit my job, my boss was really pissed off. I don't think I can get any reference from him. So I wish I can provide contract plus publication. Please give me some insight on my situation. Thank you.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zhaotianwu said:
Thank you Dr.Hasib. Your example of medical science is very clear. But in my case I am an EDITOR. I have contract that shows the duration of 3 year and a half, but in reality the last half of my 4 years experience didn't show in the contract, it was a de facto employment relationship. And my name continue to appear in my journal until the last month I quit the job. In that case do you think publication is a strong evidence?

By the way, when I quit my job, my boss was really pissed off. I don't think I can get any reference from him. So I wish I can provide contract plus publication. Please give me some insight on my situation. Thank you.
According to CIC guideline, If an applicant is unable to provide job experience ref. letter from employer/supervisor then he/she has to provide a written explanation letter. In that explanation letter you must explain clearly why u r unable to provide ref. letter & what supporting docs you are providing instead of ref. letter.
you can mention that you are submitting contract letter and publications instead of ref. letter.
Please note that contract letter/ publications must have details about your job duties(vital point), working hours per week, salary earned etc.
N.B: Recently some members got rejected for not providing sufficient docs that describes their job duties.

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
According to CIC guideline, If an applicant is unable to provide job experience ref. letter from employer/supervisor then he/she has to provide a written explanation letter. In that explanation letter you must explain clearly why u r unable to provide ref. letter & what supporting docs you are providing instead of ref. letter.
you can mention that you are submitting contract letter and publications instead of ref. letter.
Please note that contract letter/ publications must have details about your job duties(vital point), working hours per week, salary earned etc.
N.B: Recently some members got rejected for not providing sufficient docs that describes their job duties.

Do I need to have the employment contract notarized? I've noticed that there is a difference between CIO and local visa office's checklists, and whether to have documents like employment contract and degree diplomas notarized is not consistent. What do you suggest? Thanks very much.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zhaotianwu said:
Do I need to have the employment contract notarized? I've noticed that there is a difference between CIO and local visa office's checklists, and whether to have documents like employment contract and degree diplomas notarized is not consistent. What do you suggest? Thanks very much.
All docs need to be notarized(including employment contract) except the followings:
1.Original IELTS result
2.Original PCC (police clearance certificate)
3.Original University transcripts(sealed in university envelop)
4.Original Employer ref. letter
5. Original Bank certificate, bank statement

regards,
Dr.Hasib

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
2.Original PCC (police clearance certificate)
3.Original University transcripts(sealed in university envelop)
egards,
Dr.Hasib
The original ones mentioned above are in Chinese language though. Do I need to find a Canadian embassy authorized interpreter to translate them or can I translate them by myself and attach the translation to the original ones?

For the University transcripts, I have already had it notarized one year ago, when I first came Canada to study. And I brought the notarized copy(with English translation)with me. In this case do I still need to ask my parents to send me the original copies?

Dear Dr.Hasib, could you please note the source of the above information? I didn't find it in the official checklist though. Thanks.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zhaotianwu said:
The original ones mentioned above are in Chinese language though. Do I need to find a Canadian embassy authorized interpreter to translate them or can I translate them by myself and attach the translation to the original ones?

For the University transcripts, I have already had it notarized one year ago, when I first came Canada to study. And I brought the notarized copy(with English translation)with me. In this case do I still need to ask my parents to send me the original copies?

Dear Dr.Hasib, could you please note the source of the above information? I didn't find it in the official checklist though. Thanks.
1. According to booklet EG7 (page 18)
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
 a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translations by family members are not acceptable.
You need to send both translated copy and the one in original language
2.YES, notarized transcripts will not do
3. These instructions are given in Visa Office checklist. Which one is your visa office?

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
Dr.Hasib said:
3. These instructions are given in Visa Office checklist. Which one is your visa office?

Mine is Beijing. Beijing visa office seems to have many of their own rules. Such as they demand the education diploma be verified by a new agency. That's a lot of trouble because I am not in China now. Sigh.

By the way, where is EG7 located? It seems to be updated all the time. If I am working under a post-graduation work permit, do I still need HRDSC's AEO?