+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do drywall installer 7284 Noc b comes in skilled trade

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi I'm working in drywall company still I'm working as helper my company is applying lmia right now
Can someone give me like we are applying drywall installer noc b 7284 with wage 27.5 dollar per hour,
Is that right noc where I can apply my pr, maybe after one year or two?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
NOC 7284 will qualify, yes. You will need an LMIA and a job offer, but assuming you get those, you can apply for a PR under the Canadian Experience Class after one year of working at this job.

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
NOC 7284 will qualify, yes. You will need an LMIA and a job offer, but assuming you get those, you can apply for a PR under the Canadian Experience Class after one year of working at this job.
Hi thanx
1)
I have one more I'm working as drywall installer helper noc c from 2 .5 year and have pay checks too ,will that give me some point too?
2) I didn't have graduation but one year diploma in computer application will I be eligible for applying pr later on ,I'm in bc if I do French speaking test that one too can give me some point too ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi thanx
1)
I have one more I'm working as drywall installer helper noc c from 2 .5 year and have pay checks too ,will that give me some point too?
2) I didn't have graduation but one year diploma in computer application will I be eligible for applying pr later on ,I'm in bc if I do French speaking test that one too can give me some point too ?
1. No, you don't get points for a NOC C job

2. Eligibility for CEC is determined by
a. Legal Skilled work (1 year minimum)
b. Language skills (CLB 5 for a NOC B job)

If you are eligible (and you should be next year), the next step is to add up CRS points to see if you get invited to be a PR. Here is where your lack of a degree may impact you. And yes, if you learn French, you can get additional points.

Read up on Express Entry in the forums. There are plenty of guides on how it works.