+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do canadian immigration send back my passport with a stamp eventhough

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
do canadian immigration send back my passport with a stamp even though our medical examinations already expired last 3 weeks?,,, is it possible that they will send as another medical form for us to have another medical exam? is there any cases that they send back their passport without a visa stamp due to expired medical exams and ask for another? my father had already paid for our landing fee and he got his PR this month but why do philippine embassy had no instructions for us? how much more months do we have to wait for our passport and visa send back to us. pls help thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yajyaj said:
do canadian immigration send back my passport with a stamp even though our medical examinations already expired last 3 weeks?,,, is it possible that they will send as another medical form for us to have another medical exam? is there any cases that they send back their passport without a visa stamp due to expired medical exams and ask for another? my father had already paid for our landing fee and he got his PR this month but why do philippine embassy had no instructions for us? how much more months do we have to wait for our passport and visa send back to us. pls help thanks
1. If the only thing that is holding up the visa issuance is the medical, it can be extended. But CHC Manila has to do it. It will take a bit of time though. A month or so.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
thank you for your reply,. so what i have to do for now is to wait for my passport with a visa stamp.? thank you for that information...

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
hello.. can i ask something,, i have a friend and she's waiting for her visa too like us and her medical has been expire last month and now while she's waiting for her visa to come she got pregnant and it was 5months, she's asking if it is ok to flight going to canada when her visa arrive? and she will deliver there the baby, is it ok? and if its ok for her to deliver there in canada how much will she spent for hospitalization? and does the baby will become a canadian citizen? pls help thanks

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Without insurance it will be very expensive. I have heard from others that it can cost well over CAD$10,000. I'd look into getting health insurance, though not all insurers will cover pregnancy in the first year of purchasing insurance.

FS

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
That brings up an interesting situation in my mind, because "yes" if the baby is born in Canada citizenship is automatic. Aren't ALL citizens eligible for healthcare?? So how about giving birth with the assistance of a midwife (sorry don't know how much that costs), and then the baby is a Canadian Citizen . . . and now eligible for healthcare, pending an answer to my first question . . . Somebody care to throw in their three cents?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Thought I would paste the following excerpt from a post in another thread . . .

"Their services (midwives) are covered by the Ontario government whether or not the client/patient is a bonafide resident of Ontario. What we do have to pay for out of pocket is bloodwork and ultrasounds (less than $500 total) and if the birth must occur in a hospital (we're planning a home birth if at all possible), we will have to pay hospital/attending physician fees which, I'm told run around $3000 for a "normal" birth and $5000 for a c-section. As long as there are no complications, the midwife is legally permitted to attend the birth at home and does not have to refer her client/patient to the hospital. We've found the entire experience with our midwife to be excellent to date. My wife is 23 weeks pregnant, due date is Christmas Day!

And remember, once the baby is born in Canada, he or she is automatically a citizen and immediately qualifies or medical care should there be a need."

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
yajyaj said:
hello.. can i ask something,, i have a friend and she's waiting for her visa too like us and her medical has been expire last month and now while she's waiting for her visa to come she got pregnant and it was 5months, she's asking if it is ok to flight going to canada when her visa arrive? and she will deliver there the baby, is it ok? and if its ok for her to deliver there in canada how much will she spent for hospitalization? and does the baby will become a canadian citizen? pls help thanks
there's one Filipina who gave birth here last 2007,without medical insurance she paid $15,000 C- section,but if norml delivery only $5,000..the baby will be Canadian citizen by birth..private insurance didn't cover pregnancy.

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
fhj1203 said:
there's one Filipina who gave birth here last 2007,without medical insurance she paid $15,000 C- section,but if norml delivery only $5,000..the baby will be Canadian citizen by birth..private insurance didn't cover pregnancy.

how about this year?

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
hello there, can u help me, i am a Filipino and my father is sponsoring me going to Canada, my medical exam was done last year 2011 and it was already 13 months til now so it means it was already expired but the Canadian embassy has no instructions for me to renew my medical and the Canadian embassy here in manila had already ask me to pass my original passport last Oct 2011, I'm waiting for almost 11 months for my passport to send it back to me with a visa stamp, does the canadian embassy will ask me to renew my medical or they can extend it (for how many months)? and for how many months more to wait for my visa? pls reply.. i need your help,, thanks a lot and godless.

Note: my father in Canada have already his Permanent residence visa and already paid for my landing fee.. how many months more to wait for my visa?

yajyaj

Aug 23, 2012
yajyaj said:
hello there, can u help me, i am a Filipino and my father is sponsoring me going to Canada, my medical exam was done last year 2011 and it was already 13 months til now so it means it was already expired but the Canadian embassy has no instructions for me to renew my medical and the Canadian embassy here in manila had already ask me to pass my original passport last Oct 2011, I'm waiting for almost 11 months for my passport to send it back to me with a visa stamp, does the canadian embassy will ask me to renew my medical or they can extend it (for how many months)? and for how many months more to wait for my visa? pls reply.. i need your help,, thanks a lot and godless.

Note: my father in Canada have already his Permanent residence visa and already paid for my landing fee.. how many months more to wait for my visa?

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
yajyaj said:
If she is waiting for her visa and her medicals in her application are expired she cannot fly to Canada.
If her VO asks for a new medical exam here it becomes more complicate.
Beeing preganat she cannot redo a chest x-ray.
But also her VO can ask for an extension if is the only thing missing in her application with out her redo the medicals, and then her visa will be issued.

I hope everything will turn ok for your friend.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
I.N said:
If she is waiting for her visa and her medicals in her application are expired she cannot fly to Canada.
If her VO asks for a new medical exam here it becomes more complicate.
Beeing preganat she cannot redo a chest x-ray.
But also her VO can ask for an extension if is the only thing missing in her application with out her redo the medicals, and then her visa will be issued.

I hope everything will turn ok for your friend.
really? Ogood tknowig tat.thnx

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
netsrak said:
really? Ogood tknowig tat.thnx
Avoid get preganat when the application is in process.

An eventual preganacy will complicate your process.

Its a good thing but for later... ;).

My opinion.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
I.N said:
Avoid get preganat when the application is in process.

An eventual preganacy will complicate your process.

Its a good thing but for later... ;).

My opinion.

You have that point...where you from