+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do both the sponsor and the principal applicant receive a UCI for family class?

Lalala90

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband did not receive a UCI, however I did. While submitting a case specific enquiry, is it okay to use the sponsor's UCI? Thank you

Lalala90

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lalala90 said:
My husband did not receive a UCI, however I did. While submitting a case specific enquiry, is it okay to use the sponsor's UCI? Thank you

ANYONE? :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Calm down, people do not live on the board.

CIC gives you a UCI if they send you any communication.

So the sponsor gets a UCI when they send the sponsor approval letter. In my case the sponsor approval attachment filename included my wife's UCI.

While processing stage 2, if CIC need anything from the applicant then they will give the applicant a UCI.

Also if the applicant has applied for any other type of visa/visitor record from CIC then they will use the existing UCI.

Lalala90

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew-brit said:

So the sponsor gets a UCI when they send the sponsor approval letter. In my case the sponsor approval attachment filename included my wife's UCI.

While processing stage 2, if CIC need anything from the applicant then they will give the applicant a UCI.

Also if the applicant has applied for any other type of visa/visitor record from CIC then they will use the existing UCI.

Thanks a lot Andrew-Brit, much appreciated. I was just being playful when I said "anyone" hence the smiley face.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
andrew-brit said:

UCI NUMBER MIX-UP - PLEASE HELP!!!

My wife and I applied for a visitor visa while we were engaged, it was rejected and we were given a UCI number. we then got married and applied for a PR, which we are waiting for approval and we forgot to that by doing a visitor visa, we were given a UCI number. the PR then gave us a new UCI number. My part (Sponsor) has already been approved and we were recently sent an email saying I am approved as a sponsor and our file is now being sent to the principal applicant's country. Do you believe that will cause a problem? should i put one of the UCI's or just leave it blank and let them decide?