+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do approved convention refugees need a study permit

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
I am just wondering do I need to apply for a study permit since I am a convention refugee and eligible for OSAP as well. I heard study permit has a expiry date since convention refugees status is permanent should I apply for one. Note my PR is still under processing and will take a while.

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
You need a study permit if ur course length is more than 6 month.i live in Ontario and have study permit as a protected person.

Reactions: Norijal

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
The fact is once ur college comes to know that u r a protected person they don’t bother to ask study permit from u.but to be on safe side u should have it and it’s a law

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
The fact is once ur college comes to know that u r a protected person they don’t bother to ask study permit from u.but to be on safe side u should have it and it’s a law
thank you for your answer, can you tell me how long dose it take to obtain study permit. and should I apply online.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Does this rule still exists?

i am protected person,applied for Pr but planning to study in a one year program .so I have to apply for study permit or there is any other way out exists ?