+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do any Canadian schools accept a G.E.D.

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by chris88a, May 18, 2019.

  1. I want to Immigrate to Canada but I'm uneducated I have a General Equivalency Diploma which what you get when you are a high school drop out. The schools I've looked at require a high school diploma or greater. I can get a certification which is considered higher than a high school diploma in a few months. Would that make it easier to get into a Canadian school.
  2. It may help. Theoretically, if you took classes to obtain your GED, it's supposed to be equivalent. But if you can easily upgrade your certificate, that may help.
  3. to upgrade a ged to high school diploma requires making up high school credits it can take years for some one who works. I'm talking about get a trade certification that takes months to a year to get like welding or construction while still in the us. also i hope it will make easier to find a job wile i study I know a student visa allows you to work 20/hrs a week.
  4. Trade certifications are done through apprenticeships and are only open to citizens and PRs. They require 1540 working hours plus 8weeks of schooling a year (generally 4years).

Share This Page