+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do additional documents help?

aseem_mal

Dec 31, 2007
Is it true that when applying for Citizenship, if you attach copies of additional documents, like Rent-receipts or Income tax returns/assessments as a proof-of-residence in Canada, it helps the processing to be faster?
If so, what else should one do do make it go faster?

Thanks,
A

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aseem_mal said:
Is it true that when applying for Citizenship, if you attach copies of additional documents, like Rent-receipts or Income tax returns/assessments as a proof-of-residence in Canada, it helps the processing to be faster?

Thanks,
A
Including extra documents will not make the processing faster. All you have to do is make sure you include all the requested documents ( see checklist) and fill out the form with no mistakes or discrepancies. Any application that's complete will follow the normal flow. Yes some applications are processed really fast (someone got his citizenship in about 4 months and a half) but that's not because they included extra docs rather it's because their case is a routine one and also it depends on the office and the officer. Some offices are fast (GTA) while others are slooooow and some officers are very lazy or maybe recently hired so it takes time for them to process the file. That said , if you think some documents my help your case then you can include them, nothing wrong with that.

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely helps.
I put my all t4s, rental agreements, Noas, etc...
application started on june, already passed the test in 5 months.
waiting for the oath...

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
You cannot quite jump to the conclusion that the additional documents you submitted were actually beneficial based on your sole experience. You would never know whether or not your application would have been processed in the same fashion without those additional documents. But, you may be able to say that the additional documents had no negative impact on your application.

Kitsilano said:
Definitely helps.
I put my all t4s, rental agreements, Noas, etc...
application started on june, already passed the test in 5 months.
waiting for the oath...

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
jujuberanch said:
You cannot quite jump to the conclusion that the additional documents you submitted were actually beneficial based on your sole experience. You would never know whether or not your application would have been processed in the same fashion without those additional documents. But, you may be able to say that the additional documents had no negative impact on your application.
I haven't heard of a case where addt'l documents hurt... Since there is no negative impact but potential benefits, I think it's better to add some addt'l documents... Not too much though... T4, NOA, rent and mortgage docs are the routine addt'l docs I've heard of on this forum

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aseem_mal said:

Thanks,
A
Yes, it helps. I sent additional documents including the CBSA report, as well as tax returns and letter from employer. I had my citizenship application approved with no issues, despite lots of travel.

It doesnt make it go any faster though.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
In order to draw such conclusion, one must have a control to compare with. You cannot know if your application would not have been processed in the same way as it was had you not provided them with additional documents.

People, please be scientific!

coolifrs said:
Yes, it helps. I sent additional documents including the CBSA report, as well as tax returns and letter from employer. I had my citizenship application approved with no issues, despite lots of travel.

It doesnt make it go any faster though.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think that extra documents help......actully you are giving an extra job to officer,,,
If he may review those documents,,,,,it can be take rq review time ,,,so why shell we make officer let to understand our application as rq review,,,,to take a long time,,,,,,,,point,,,,,,,,,,,''''''''''''