Visa Office......
Ottawa - AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
I sponsored my wife from Saudi, Ottawa sent me email saying they need medical (An original Medical Report Form (IMM1017 - Copy 2) signed by a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) for the person you are sponsoring) My wife took the email and Appendix C form to DMP they refused to do any medical and said Embassy should send them (some sort of Form A) then they will do the medical....? Did anyone faced same situation ? I'm confused can anyone please help ? Thanks

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
I sponsored my wife from Colombia. We wanted to send our medical in with the application, but same thing, the DMP's in Colombia said they won't do the medical until we receive some sort of form/order from the Visa Office in Bogota, so we sent it in without the medical. Apparently that wasn't an issue because we were approved for stage 1...now just waiting to here from the visa office regarding the medical.

amirr123

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
I'm not even approved my File went from Mississauga to Ottawa and they said its incomplete they want medical ...although they did not return my file. Any help ?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Print this section of the DMP's handbook and take it to the doctor:

3. IMM 1017 EFC – Section A: Client information

3.1 The IMM 1017 EFC is used for certain excessive demand exempt members of the family class whose application is being processed outside Canada. DMPs will have a supply of these forms provided by their responsible regional medical office. These applicants have received an information guide specific to their geographic region which includes Appendix C: Medical Instructions (an example is provided earlier in this handbook).

3.2 The Appendix C: Medical Instructions section of the IMM 1017 EFC used outside Canada will identify the applicant as a member of one of the family classes exempted from the excessive demand determination and to whom the IMM 1017 EFC applies. Appendix C: Medical Instructions contains an identification section that the applicant must complete. An immigration medical examination should be undertaken only when the applicant brings a completed Appendix C: Medical Instructions to the DMP's office. These applicants will not be in possession of an IMM 1017 or IMM 1017 EDE-EFE issued by a CIC office.

3.3 The DMP will confirm the applicant's identity using a government-issued photo-identity document such as a passport or national identity card. When a passport is not available, only an original national identity document incorporating a current photograph, full name, date of birth and signature can be substituted. The national identity card should have been issued within the last 10 years.

Photocopies (certified or not certified) of passport or national identity documents are not acceptable.

Look at the section that is both bold and underlined. See where it says you will not be in possession of an IMM1017 issued by a CIC office? THAT is what they are completely ignoring. This is the DMP Handbook that says that. Advise them that you are going to file a complaint with CIC because they are not in compliance with information in their own handbook.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirr123 said:
I sponsored my wife from Saudi, Ottawa sent me email saying they need medical (An original Medical Report Form (IMM1017 - Copy 2) signed by a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) for the person you are sponsoring) My wife took the email and Appendix C form to DMP they refused to do any medical and said Embassy should send them (some sort of Form A) then they will do the medical....? Did anyone faced same situation ? I'm confused can anyone please help ? Thanks
Hi - I noticed your timeline indicates 'PNP' - can you share a few more details of the program under which you sponsoring your wife?

The Appendix C form is for federal family class applications, but for other applications (e.g., skilled workers who have their wife listed as a dependent) you need to wait until you get the request from the visa office.

amirr123

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Sorry I don't know how to update the timeline I tried. I my self got PR through PNP (in 2011). But this current case is for my wife who I sponsored under family class.
CharlieD10 - I really appreciate your help I will try this too. And will see what they have to say

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirr123 said:
Sorry I don't know how to update the timeline I tried. I my self got PR through PNP (in 2011). But this current case is for my wife who I sponsored under family class.
No problem. Just making sure it was family class :)

Refer them to page 14 of Appendix II of the DMP handbook for the section CharlieD10 quoted so they can see it in their own handbook.

ETA - DMP Handbook link

amirr123

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Thanks Canadiana

Although in this pdf "IMM 1017 EFC (05-2003) and - Appendix C – Medical Instructions" on page 74 of pdf this form needs bar codes and other information is this information printed by DMP ? cause probably that's the information DMP is looking for I'm just guessing if that is the problem ?
I remember for my self when I applied as Skilled worker under PNP, CIC did send me Medical form to be taken to DMP. Is spousal case different ?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Spousal is different.
The problem is that some DMPs are so used to doing the one type of medical, they think that is the way all of them are supposed to be. We have heard this kind of problem from several forum members - the DMP they went to got the different types of immigration medical requirements mixed up.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirr123 said:
Thanks Canadiana

Although in this pdf "IMM 1017 EFC (05-2003) and - Appendix C – Medical Instructions" on page 74 of pdf this form needs bar codes and other information is this information printed by DMP ? cause probably that's the information DMP is looking for I'm just guessing if that is the problem ?
I remember for my self when I applied as Skilled worker under PNP, CIC did send me Medical form to be taken to DMP. Is spousal case different ?
Yes - spousal is different in that you can do the medical exam upfront (vs waiting to get it requested). Have your wife try to convince the Panel Physician (new name for DMP) with the manual section quoted above. If that doesn't work, either try another Panel Physician or e-mail the visa office and ask for their help communicating the correct instructions back to the Panel Physician.

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Yes - spousal is different in that you can do the medical exam upfront (vs waiting to get it requested). Have your wife try to convince the Panel Physician (new name for DMP) with the manual section quoted above. If that doesn't work, either try another Panel Physician or e-mail the visa office and ask for their help communicating the correct instructions back to the Panel Physician.
We called 3 of the 9 listed DMP's in Colombia, all from different cities, and they all told us the same thing, that we had to wait until we got a request from the visa office to do our medicals

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ccunnington said:
We called 3 of the 9 listed DMP's in Colombia, all from different cities, and they all told us the same thing, that we had to wait until we got a request from the visa office to do our medicals
They usually say that until you explain you are a family class applicant and have Appendix C. If that doesn't work, refer them to their handbook. If that still doesn't work, reach out to CIC or the Canadian Embassy and ask for their help communicating the instructions to the Panel Physician.

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
OhCanadiana said:
They usually say that until you explain you are a family class applicant and have Appendix C. If that doesn't work, refer them to their handbook. If that still doesn't work, reach out to CIC or the Canadian Embassy and ask for their help communicating the instructions to the Panel Physician.
Well I guess it wasn't a problem because we were approved for step 1, and I assume that if they wanted the medical right away they wouldn't have approved the sponsorship until all the documents were received....

amirr123

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
We tried again ...and they said the same thing no one can convince these guys not sure what their problem is they keep asking for Form A from embassy or they can't do anything .... Any other suggestions ? How should I contact Ottawa now they will reply to email ?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirr123 said:
We tried again ...and they said the same thing no one can convince these guys not sure what their problem is they keep asking for Form A from embassy or they can't do anything .... Any other suggestions ? How should I contact Ottawa now they will reply to email ?
Assuming you are in Canada, call the CIC call centre to ask for their help getting the correct info to the Panel Physician in Saudi - 1-888-242‑2100

"Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays."

Alternatively, send a case specific enquiry to your visa office by following the links off of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp . This path will take longer than calling CIC.