+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM letter but not received

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
Hi guys, my sister in law’s PR application status changed to DM and states correspondence was sent to her March 14, 2019. She has not received an email or regular mail - is this normal for correspondence to take so long? I believe it’s coming from either Mississauga or NS - not 100% sure. Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you!!

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Hi guys, my sister in law’s PR application status changed to DM and states correspondence was sent to her March 14, 2019. She has not received an email or regular mail - is this normal for correspondence to take so long? I believe it’s coming from either Mississauga or NS - not 100% sure. Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you!!
Does she have an online account on IRCC's website? If so, did she link her application to that account?
If the answer is yes, then that's where the approval letter will be. Otherwise, I would suggest that you call IRCC and see what went wrong.
Good luck!

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
Does she have an online account on IRCC's website? If so, did she link her application to that account?
If the answer is yes, then that's where the approval letter will be. Otherwise, I would suggest that you call IRCC and see what went wrong.
Good luck!
I have an online account and have linked her application but on there it doesn’t say a letter was sent but says there is a final decision and they will be in touch shortly. I do know that on both it’s complete as in she has completed all of their checks (ie medical, police clearance etc). Also, as I left this out, she is at the 15 month mark so in the right time frame for all of this. I’m just curious about whether anyone has had a delayed correspondence from them, is this typical to take weeks to receive the letter? All of her correspondence has been by email from them and nothing (not even in spam) so I’m assuming it’s coming by regular mail. Anyone have a similar experience.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
I have an online account and have linked her application but on there it doesn’t say a letter was sent but says there is a final decision and they will be in touch shortly. I do know that on both it’s complete as in she has completed all of their checks (ie medical, police clearance etc). Also, as I left this out, she is at the 15 month mark so in the right time frame for all of this. I’m just curious about whether anyone has had a delayed correspondence from them, is this typical to take weeks to receive the letter? All of her correspondence has been by email from them and nothing (not even in spam) so I’m assuming it’s coming by regular mail. Anyone have a similar experience.
I hope someone else with more experience can help you further. If I was in your shoes I would call immigration tomorrow morning, this the only way to know for sure.
Cheers!

Varadero

Dec 18, 2011
I hope someone else with more experience can help you further. If I was in your shoes I would call immigration tomorrow morning, this the only way to know for sure.
Cheers!
Thanks for your feedback:) I will for sure call CIC today and hope I get through!